Thomas Rampton (SR/3564 on Thiepval), 13th Bn Middlesex Regiment, date of death 31-08-16. A Good Ox & Bucks, later Worc's Regiment group. The only thing we know is he left as a Lance corporal.Lance corporal Frederick lascelles brown. With 2nd Battalion Black Watch - the birthplace and date match up.I have found a medal card for him with the service number 6. I have his service number 1831 and Medal Index Cards Transcription from FindMyPast and National Archives.Unfortunately there is no mention of parentage. This can be done, with patience, or by dropping me a line via the RESEARCH tab if you wanted to commission this research.Paul, HiAlbert Henry Gookey (1889-1926) - 4th Middlesex Regiment Regimental Number: L/11184 (joined 1906 aged 17). . CWGC and Soldiers Died state 1st Battalion West Yorks, but I have a photo showing 1/5th battalion. Regimental number series. Allan EHe probably signed up in 1898 for 12 years which would have meant that he would have left the army in 1910. The Regiment was officially formed in 1881 when the 29th and 36th Regiments of Foot were merged as part of the Childers Reforms, but it can trace its history back a further 200 years. I don't know that there is anything I can help you with over and above this but do let me know if that is not the case.Paul. According to the caption, it shows a sergeant and a private in 1897. ).Once again, many thanksBrian, This post will look at numbering in the regular battalions of the Worcestershire Regiment between 1881 and 1914. Between 1st July 1881 and 24th August 1891, the regiment recruited just 2991 men, an annual average of 294 men per annum. During 1944-45 the 1st Battalion Worcestershire Regiment were awarded 35 medals for bravery and distinguished service in the field of battle. Google Irish Guards Archive. Does this mean they are lost and no further details can be found?John Feeney born 1880 Burtonwood, Lancashire. His name was Wilfred Oakes and his Army Number was 4128704. Do you know any of the names of the soldiers in your photo of the royal artillery please?I would also be interested in finding out more about my great grandfathers service in Ww1 if you are able to help. In 2007 the regiment became the 2nd Battalion Mercian Regiment. Notes. you might want to consider refining your search to see a more manageable number of items. hello Paul, i am trying to find records for my great great grandfather Pryse Lloyd, he was born on 13th of august 1881 in Llananno, Radnorshire. back to the numbering: 6383 joined on 3rd June 1901 6656 joined on 13th January 1902 7445 joined on 2nd January 1903 8196 joined on 29th January 1904 9259 joined on 27th May 1905 This comment has been removed by the author. You'll appreciate that John Davis is a very common name, hence the need for as much information as you can muster.Paul, Dear Paul,I am trying to investigate the history of my grandfather Lt. Llewelyn Roberts, who was in the 11th Battalion of the South Wales Borderers, which I understand were formed at Brecon on 5 December 1914,by the Welsh National Executive Committee, (David Lloyd George) and disbanded in France on 27 February 1918. Records include details of Service, Medals, Gallantry Awards, Assignments as well as details of rank. Hi PaulTrying to found out more about this soldier:Service No: 10284Age: 26Regiment/Service: Irish Guards, 2nd Bn.Son of Thomas Wardlow, of 758, Harrison Avenue, Harrison, New Jersey, U.S.A.Anything you can do for me? The barracks date back to 1874 when building started. It is part of family history that one of our grand uncles joined the British Army. The numbers and dates published are to provide guidance regarding the dates on which the intervening regimental numbers must have been issued. - Trying to track him between the census of 1901 when he was living with his mum as a child, and the 1911 census when he wasn't there but was possibly in India.How he came about to be renumbered?He was killed in action, i think possible Pleogsteert wood. Transferred to Reserve Staff (?) Hello, I am looking for information on Frank Aubrey Rawlings 20th L.A.S.S. tracing your British military ancestor, drop me a line. The plans illustrate the engagements recorded in the book, and are designed to depict the part played by the several battalions in their battles and to enable the visitor to the battlefields to recognise the ground on which each fight took place, as much as to make clear the general course of those actions. Hi Paul, trying to trace any additional military service information on Arthur Thomas Taylor, 2nd Battalion, Ox & Buck, reg number 8967. But I have reason to believe that John was born in Bristol. Bond, regimental number 16478, Duke of Cornwalls Light Infantry.Obviously Im not related to him, but would like to find out what ever I can about him. I'm happy to research any possible london/home counties written records myself if you could point me in the right direction. Have you seen them all? He was also in the Army where he served in India during a secondment to the Nagpur Railway, rifle volunteers where he made lieutenant. I found military records for one of the other soliders in the photo, he was in 2 Dragoons, Royal Scots Greys 2658 elisted 1884 so I'm hoping my Gt Grandfather William Lindsay was also in 2 Dragoons RSG - I cannot find anything on him althought this could be down to spelling errors or burnt documents. From there Sarah Ann met a James Ardis and they had six children all of which are on the 1901 and 1911 census. D Phillips41223 David PhillipsLance Corporal1914Norfolk Regiment. At this moment I don't even know what battalion/unit he was in.Any assistance gratefully received.Nick. If you want me to undertake paid research, please follow the instructions on the RESEARCH tab. In 1881 the 29th and 36th of Foot Regiments were amalgamated and remaned the Worcestershire Regiment. The Regiment was formed in 1694 under Colonel Thomas Farrington (Farringtons Regiment). Fred "Joe" Lynch was conscripted into the army in 1945 as a private soldier. His name was Henry Albert Ellner and he enlisted into B Coy of the wiltshire Regiment on 30 December 1898, Regimental number 5202. Shown as 20/05/1916 30 Div . and "9th Company" on 'Burnt Records'.Interesting that you have P/2919 listed also! If this can be done i will email you the information i have later today.Regards, Kevinp84 please see here regarding photos: http://armyancestry.blogspot.co.uk/2016/12/finding-photo-of-your-british-military.html, Hi Paul,My name is John and I am researching my Great Grandfather.Victor Elton SCOTTSergeant785 1/4th Northumberland FusiliersHexham A Company.KIA 26 April 1915St Julien (2nd battle of Ypres)Mentioned on the Menin Gate.I cannot find his service records, I fear they were burnt as many were in the blitz of WW2. Only my grandfather Thomas and 1 brother (Christopher) survived. ZU VERKAUFEN! Please note that all Second World War and post 1920 service record enquiries should be addressed straight to the MoD which still holds the records. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for The Worcestershire Regiment Brass Button, FIRM, King's Crown, 25.5 mm, JR Gaunt at the best online prices at eBay! Worcester Cathedral Worc. There would have been paperwork generated for this enlistment and if it survives it will be in WO 97 (assuming he joined before 1913) which can be searched on Findmypast. These are not online but you can access them at The National Archives or hire a researcher to do that for you.Paul, Hello im wondering if you can help me?Ive recently found out that my Great Great Grandfather William Butt served in the Worcestershire Regiment 1st Volunteer Battalion. All Ive been able to find is a copy of his medal card (which doesnt have much info on it), and Im assuming some sort of dispatch note that has him and two other soldiers listed as dangerously ill from Malaria. I assumed he emigrated to Australia at some point, but I dont even know what his first name is. Re John Killen if you can find him on https://britisharmyancestors.co.uk/ or in medal rolls then I could certainly help, but this would be a research project. The detail you have On his 1916 enlistment/Short Service Attestation card he lists prior service as 14 yrs RN and 8 months Black Watch. We'd also love some photos as we have none. Thanks Joanna x, Thanks for your interesting post, Joanna. While under heavy rifle fire, and at great . Private Herbert Thomas Beard served with the 1st Battalion Worcestershire Regtiment in the Boer War in South Africa in 1900. I have records of both his King & Queens medals from the Second Boer War. Any help you may be able to give me would be greatly appreciated. Extracts from the notebook of Lieutenant William Tunstall who served with the 36th Regtiment during the Peninsular War. Could you possibly help me with the research of my great grand father. he was in the duke of cornwalls. Would you have that record? Amalgamated in 1970 from the Worcestershire Regiment and the Sherwood Foresters Regiment, the WFR served Worcestershire, Cheshire, Derbyshire, Herefordshire, and Nottinghamshire, in the Midlands of England. Talent Search Candidate Outreach Employer Branding ATS integrations. hi Pauli am looking for details on my great grandfather John Feeney. which, amongst other things, carries a complete roll of honour for Worcestershire Regiment men between 1808 and 1960! He was discharged from the 2nd Bttn but family stories circulating well after his death say that he spent time in India guarding Boer War prisoners. Nikki, this man has some surviving papers which you can access from here: https://britisharmyancestors.co.uk/search-result/?q=a*+n*+wallace+east+kentNote that these are on Findmypast and so you will need to pay Findmypast to actually view these. But please see the RESEARCH tab on this blog. He could have joined as a boy from the age on 14 but it was equally possible he could have lied about his age. It existed until 1970, when it was merged into The Worcestershire and Sherwood Foresters Regiment. I may be able to tell you when the man joined, if he had served with another refgiment before, whether he survived the war; quite a lot in all probability. Hello Paul,Great site thank you!My Grandfather was P/2917 L/Cpl HEBDEN, Christopher. When he was fit again he was sent to join the Worcestershire Regiment. This website contains a large collection of photos which have been submitted by members of the public. 9,460 officers and men gave their lives, 71 Battle Honours were awarded and eight VCs one of whom, attached to the RFC, was the . Seems he received a medal of some sort for "persevering to safe an officers life". I have found all of the 'relatively easy' information; medal rolls, CWGC mentions, memorials, a photo, soldier's effects, death cert, newspaper clippings, etc. He only served overseas with the 8th DCLI but no service record survives. What was Intresting about him was he joined the Juke of Cornwalls light Infrenty in 1891 aged 16yrs old. I bought the card many years ago and sold it in 2011. 39 joined on 17th October 1881 134 joined on 25th March 1882 572 joined on 7th July 1883 I am interested in discovering which Battalion he actually joined / served with but his service record is not available (destroyed). and in 2020 its numbers will have fallen to 82,000, a poor reward, one would have thought, for all past endeavours. ; Well you know how it is.Once again thanksRegardsNick, Paul provided an unbelievable service.I didn't have too much detail I could provide and even that was sketchy but after a few emails which paul was very quick to respond to in order to discuss various avenues,the information I received back surpassed my expectations. The names of any siblings? 52549.Your help will be greatly appreciated.Dave. Hi Paul I'm researching my GT grandfather Thomas Lynch who appears on the 1911 cencus for the 2nd Battalion South Wales Borderers serving in South Africa. Family folkore says he signed up underage, so may well have been born post 1897.The London War Memorial online site gives quite a bit of information about the circumstances in which they each died.Perhaps you can let us know whether you can help us find out mnore (and if so, what sort of information and cost estimate) or point us in the right direction to uncover military records etc. Re Stanley Riccalton, I regret the only details I have regarding this man are the posts you can see from October 2016. Regimental number series. I think he served in the UK throughout WW1 and possibly served on searchlights at Scapa Flow. Please drop me a line to paulcanixon@yahoo.co.uk and we can take it from there. Telephone Number: 020 8876 3444, fax: 020 8392 5286 Below is a list of Worcestershire Regiment records and documents which are held at the PRO Kew. Please let me know if this is something you could help with? The Worcestershire Regiment was a line infantry regiment in the British Army, . David HortonThank you for your comment and your compliments. Is there any way of someone identifying the uniform. In my experience, unless the regimental museum has surviving enlistment registers, I can certainly hold my own. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Worcestershire Regiment, British Army Leather Keychain at the best online prices at eBay! Visit the RESEARCH tab on this blog. We know he served in North Africa. You are now the custodian of the photo but if you want me to publicise it, please send me a digital copy and I'll do so - mail to paulcanixon@{gmail.comPaul, Hi PaulI am trying to find parental details for my late husband's father Charles Aubrey Bolton. From his medal record it says 3/Bedf.r. The 1920 -1942 series below can be most useful for identifying previous service with another unit, since a number block was allocated for each Regiment / Corps. Attention is paid to minor actions such as trench raids, which usually find no place in compressed official histories; they are recorded in this history. Finally the 1st Battalion Worcestershire Regiment carried out a night attack (22nd/23rd July 1944) in which they suffered many casualties, including Major Peter Weston who was killed by machine gun fire at the top of Hill 112. Worcester Worcestershire, England, United Kingdom. Re 9666 Farrington, you can search for this man on my British Army Ancestors webiste: https://britisharmyancestors.co.uk/, Re 7440 Hauxwell; Ashley you can download his record from Findmypast. First of all, please send me an email. Below is a list of Worcestershire Regiment records and documents which are held at the PRO Kew. on demobilisation 1915- 19 Having looked in the London Gazette with no joy I just wondered if you knew if the Gymnastics Staff were a Corp in their own right or attached to a Regiment. Mark. Worcestershire Regiment (29th/36th of Foot) Global rank 823 835; Daily visitors-Daily pageviews-Pageviews per user: 0: Rating; Status: Online: Latest check: . WW2. Item specifics Business seller information The Clark Agency Ltd Lynne Clark 39 Empress Avenue Chingford London E4 8SR United Kingdom Show contact information Company registration number: 03602700 Terms and conditions of the sale Returns policy Take a look at our Returning an item help page for more details. Raymond, please email me the photo and I'll take a look: paulcanixon@yahoo.co.uk, Hi, i'm sorry but on the research page I cannot see how to contact you by email, could you please tell me where the email link is?Thank YouPaul Wilson. Hi i am trying to find out about my grandfather who enlisted under age. M.T.A.I.C.Floriana MaltaThe photo is of him beside a truckI am trying to figure out where he is from. Fred Harwood603. 13th Bn. Please ping me at paulcanixon@gmail.com, Dave. 1 Co of LY 226 and 301Previous Units - 1 Co of LY Sgt 2658John Bowen john.gordon.bowen@gmail.com, Hello Paul,I wonder if you can help me solve two puzzles about my grandfather? I found an old photo of my great grandfather wearing what looked like some form of military uniform. He served In RGA as a gunner F Chapman service number 323023. From June 1952 to . Many years ago (late 70s, early 80s) my dad worked on a local Sydney council, and one day he came home with a WWI 1914/15 star medal he found with some rubbish he was clearing up. I welcome insights about regimental numbering but I do not have time to respond to individual research queries here. 1900-1902 Boer War Is it possible to find out what the wounds were and where he sustained the?. Other rank prisoners of war 1914. full report costs from 50. All I no is he was born in Scotland but ran away from home on numerous occasions to join the army in England. Any help would be appreciatedThank you in advanceGail Odber, Hello GailFred Harwood served in the Army Service Corps and M2/ is part of his regimental number.