Withnail: Would it be in bad form to plagiarise a toast? Find your neutral space. I happened to be looking for a suit for the Coalman two weeks ago. Richard E. Grant Is Making Self-Isolation Fun With Classic 'Withnail www.bbcamerica.com. Marwood: Anyway, I loathe those Russian plays. The old bugger's come a long way and I didn't want to put the wind up him. [the drunken, elderly pub landlord opens the till and it hits it him the chest and he almost falls down]. How dare you. And we want them here, and we want them now! Get any more masculine than him and you'd have to live up a tree. I assure you I'm not, officer. Withnail: I feel like a pig shat in my head. Here comes another fucker! Marwood: (Voice-over) Danny's here. I feel dreadful, I feel really dreadful. General: Mrs. Parkin: [Withnail laughs uncontrollably and drops to the floor]. You beastly little parasite, how dare you! That means we'll miss out on Monday but come up smiling Tuesday morning. I can never touch meat until it's cooked. We'll buy this place and have it knocked down! Danny: Don't get uptight with me, man. Marwood: Marwood: (Voice-over) I could hardly piss straight with fear. Listen, I pay you 10 percent to do that. Not the attitude I'd been given to expect from the H.E. Withnail: I've got a bastard behind the eyes. No fridges, no televisions, no phones. Bastard asked me to understudy Konstantin in The Seagull. Goes into court in his caftan and a bell. There's a man over there that doesn't like the perfume, the big one. 'He used to pick on me. Look at me, I'm 30 in a month and I've got a sole flapping off my shoe. They're selling hippie wigs in Woolworth's, man. A self-sustained nicotine-yellow and fly-blown lung. Withnail: (Ranting on a mountain) Bastards! Uncle Monty: Oh my boys, my boys, we are at the end of an age! Danny: You're looking very beautiful, man. Add spice to it. Marwood: To tutor it in the ways of righteousness, and procure some uncontaminated urine. We are not drunks, we are multi-millionaires! Street: the embalmer. 2023. I think we've been in here too long. Oh, don't tell me you're not aware of it, I know what you're up to and so do you. He can eat his fucking radish. He is even taller than Withnail and much more burly. Why have you drugged their onions?! I happen to be the proprietor. Just because the best tailoring you've ever seen is above your f***ing appendix doesn't mean anything! Monty clearly has some difficulty in reading the note. Quotes.net. I can't take aspirins without a drink. Flowers are essentially tarts. Withnail: Chin-chin. We live in a kingdom of reigns, where royalty comes in gangs. [holding him back] Marwood: Withnail: I fail to see my familys of any interest to you. Withnail and I Quotes. I'm in the middle of a bloody overdose! We've gone on holiday by mistake. Maybe he's written this in some moment of drunken sincerity! I fail to see my family's of any interest to you. Just say there are a couple of drunks in the Penrith tearooms and we want them removed. He's so mauve, we don't know what he's planning! Especially that little pimp! Peter Marwood (I): We want the finest wines available to humanity! What fucker said that? Danny: Relax, man, find your neutral space. [holding up a pill] Oh my boys, my boys, we are at the end of an age! Withnail: Hold on, don't let your imagination run away with you Marwood: Imagination! What a piece of work is a man! Marwood: Withnail: Nonsense, this is a far superior drink to meths! We're incompatible. Be seated. This doll is extremely dangerous; it has voodoo qualities. Monty: Black puddings are no good to us. Jesus Christ. What are you talking about, Danny? No! [Mr Parkin is sitting on his tractor with one leg wrapped from thigh to ankle in a plastic fertiliser bag. Because I don't advise it. Withnail and I Quotes. No, no, no, dear boy, you must leave, you must leave. These aren't mine, they belong to him. I'm a trained actor reduced to the status of a bum. Jake: How come Monty owns such a horrible little shack? Withnail: Withnail: Good old Jake. Well, that can't be sensible, can it? Marwood: Then you gotta change its drawers for it. Like "Withnail: This is ridiculous. Go with it. Monty: It's full of brilliant quotable lines: "We've gone on holiday by mistake!" "My thumbs have gone weird". And if I spike you, you'll know you've been spoken to. Peter Marwood (I): Even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day. Director: Bruce Robinson Stars: Richard E. Grant, Paul McGann, Richard Griffiths Rating: Unrated Runtime: 107 minutes Withnail and I is a 1986 film comedy written and directed by Bruce Robinson and starring Richard E. Grant (Withnail), Paul McGann (Marwood, the "I" of the title), Richard Griffiths (Uncle Monty) and Ralph Brown (Danny). If I medicined you, you'd think a brain tumour was a birthday present. These aren't accidents! How dare you tell him I'm a toilet trader?! There are things in there, there's a tea-bag growing! The carrot has mystery. Right, you fucker, I'm going to do the washing up! Withnail: He says he won't come in for lunch without an apology. These are the best withnail and I quotes. Here it is: Movie Drone: I Heart - Withnail And I moviedroneblog.blogspot.com. This is ridiculous. Browse Recommendations; Choice Awards; Genres; Giveaways; New Releases; Genres Marwood: 10 quotes from Withnail and I: the Original Screenplay: 'We are indeed drifting into the arena of the unwell.' . Sons are the anchors of a mother's life. Withnail: Web. Monty: Here hare here. [a few minutes later, Withnail re-enters the cottage holding a wet stick]. The movie, which ta. [high-pitched voice] I suggest you both go outside and discuss it sensibly, in the street. Haven't seen Gielgud down the labour exchange! Marwood: He's a madman. For reasons I can't really discuss with you. This doesn't go down at all well. No, I'd better go. But sooner or later you've got to get out because it's crashing. Now, which of you is going to be a splendid fellow and go down to the Rolls for the rest of the wine? Cos if you do, I'll have to give you a dose of medicine. Marwood: Withnail: I have just finished fighting a naked man! You got a rush. Marwood: (Takes the shotgun) Well let me tell you something, Withnail. The greatest decade in the history of mankind is over. Marwood: Dont vent your spleen on me. Brings back such memories of Oxford. Marwood: Eggs and things. Making enemies of our own futures. Look at me, I'm 30 in a month and I've got a sole flapping off my shoe . Beastly, ungrateful little swine! Would you like a drink? This ain't fancy dress." Youre not in the same boat. I'm in the middle of a bloody overdose! Danny: So we're gonna make one that shits itself as well. Then they must be delighted with your career. I tell you, I've a f*** sight more talent than half the rubbish that gets on television. Stand aside! Marwood: Bit early in the morning for festivities, isn't it? And I'm sitting in this bloody shack and I can't cope with Withnail. I'm not going to understudy anybody. The police, Miss Blennerhassett. Marwood: You know what we should do? You can never, never disguise it. [offering Monty a glass] We may as well sit round this cigarette. Even the wankers on the site wouldn't drink that! quotes duty call warfare modern war. I'm in a park and I'm practically dead; what good's the countryside? We want the finest wines available to humanity. Withnail: Withnail: : Withnail and I. I find the quote read by Monty from the note written by the poacher very usable: "Here, Hare, here." Surely Herr Hare Here. Course you have, you're the poacher. Marwood: (Voice-over) Speed is like a dozen transatlantic flights without ever getting off the plane. The beauty of the world! We're doing our best to make sure our content is useful, accurate and safe.If by any chance you spot an inappropriate comment while navigating through our website please use this form to let us know, and we'll take care of it shortly. Marwood: [eating chips while taking a bath] Ive got your saveloy. Withnail and I is a comedy-drama film which got pretty popular. Goes into court in his kaftan and a bell. Withnail: There must and shall be aspirin, or I shall die, here, on this f***ing mountainside! Why can't I get on television? Withnail: The only programme I'm likely to get on is the f***ing news! Marwood: Withnail: Screaming like a madman he moves towards the bull, which turns around and runs back through the gate. [he throws the shopping the air and it scatters in the mud. You needn't explain, he's told me everything. I think we better release you from the lgume, and transfer your talents to the meat. Call Of Duty 4 Modern Warfare: War Quotes - YouTube www.youtube.com. Easily move forward or backward to get to the perfect clip. [whispering] That is an unfortunate political decision. This most excellent canopy, the air, look you, this brave oerhanging firmament, this majestical roof fretted with golden fire, why, it appeareth nothing to me but a foul and pestilent congregation of vapours. Uncle Monty: Go with it. You haven't slept in sixty hours, you're in no state to tackle it. Jake: Please, let's go. How dare you tell him I'm a toilet trader! Hairs are your aerials. Yes, we'll buy this place and we'll install a fucking jukebox in here and liven all you stiffs up a bit! What should we do? I hope you guys like our collection. All right, get hold of it. How like an angel in apprehension. Monty: It takes away your appetite just looking at it. How dare you call me inhumane! Withnail and I is a 1986 film comedy written and directed by Bruce Robinson and starring Richard E. Grant (Withnail), Paul McGann (Marwood, the "I" of the title), Richard Griffiths (Uncle Monty) and Ralph Brown (Danny). It's like great yellow sock. Because if you do, I'll have to give you a dose of medicine. Danny: We've just run out of wine. Monty: I often wonder where Norman is now. tags: humour, withnail-i. Marwood: Flowers are essentially tarts. You bloody fool, you should never mix your drinks! hide. Listen to me, listen to me! [casually lighting a cigarette] This is a court, man. The paragon of animals. Marwood: [noticing the plastic bags that Withnail is wearing over his shoes] The only programme I'm likely to get on is the fucking news! [they stop and look at each other. I feel like a pig shat in my head! Withnail: My brain's capsizing, I've gotta unfuck my brain! Withnail: Weve gone on holiday by mistake. And now I'm calling you one. London is a country coming down from its trip. Withnail: (Paraphrasing Hamlet) I have of late but wherefore I know not lost all my mirth and indeed it goes so heavily with my disposition that this goodly frame, the earth, seems to me a sterile promontory; this most excellent canopy, the air look you, this brave o'erhanging firmament, this majestical roof fretted with golden fire why, it appeareth nothing to me but a foul and pestilent congregation of vapors. He's so mauve, we don't know what he's planning. Yeah, I know, but I got the logs in. Withnail: He leans up close to her, speaking into to her hearing aid, Mr Parkin is sitting on his tractor with one leg wrapped from thigh to ankle in a plastic fertiliser bag. Yes, you are! His head must weight fifty pounds on its own. Oh, how I tried not to. No, that is a dog. Do you mean you've been up here in all this beastly mud and oomska without Wellingtons? Marwood stands there, petrified, the bull is scraping the ground with its front hoof, snorting, he throws the shopping the air and it scatters in the mud. Danny: Withnail: I could take double anything you could! I'll show the lot of you! Much more of this and I'm going to apply for meals on wheels. All right, Miss Blennerhassett, I'm warning you, if you do, you're fired. You mustn't blame him. Dont be ridiculous. We get in there and get wrecked, then we eat a pork pie, then we drop a couple of Surmontil-50s each. Hello? by Anonymous: reply 16: February 3, 2021 10:58 PM: I've gone on holiday by mistake. [she still doesn't answer. The thermostats. Irishman: Headhunter to everyone. Danny: Go with it. Shat on by Tories, shovelled up by Labour. Withnail: Then why has my head gone numb? It's got to warm up. A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials, heavy and sudden, fall upon us. It's impossible to make a Camberwell Carrot with anything less. What are you doing up here, then? Maybe he's written this in some moment of drunken sincerity. Withnail: Marwood: Withnail: 'Scuse me. Bastard must have died. [with his mouth full] I mean look at us! We've got to get some booze. But he's a very low-temperature spade, the Coalman. You're not in the same boat. Withnail: I tell you, I've a fuck sight more talent that half the rubbish that gets on television. Tactical necessity. The wankers on site don't drink it because they can't afford it! But old now, old. We'll keep them here til they arrive. Dosed 'em. Danny: Withnail: Withnail : Right, you fucker, I'm going to do the washing up! Withnail: [he pours the lighter fluid down his throat. I must go home at once and discuss his problems in depth. Withnail: Bastard asked me to understudy Konstantin in The Seagull. Danny: The best GIFs are on GIPHY. Marwood: "Oh no, please, don't pull my head off." Marwood: Marwood: I have just narrowly avoided having a buggering, and have come in here with the express intention of wishing one upon you. How dare you! My wife is having a baby. I mean to have you, even if it must be burglary! As the world communicates more and more via texts, memes and sound bytes, short but profound quotes from books have become more relevant and important. Be seated. Have you either of you got shoes? I'll be sprouting bloody feelers soon. Offer him yourself. It's a part I intend to play, Uncle. I'll deal with the water and other plumbings, you can check the fuel and wood situation. Withnail: Balls, I'll swallow it and run a mile! [Marwood is leaving to go to Manchester to do a play. It is a bond filled with trust, unconditional love, understanding, and support. Armed with this splendid script, Richard E. Grant executes a tour de force as a relentlessly angry-at-the-world unemployed actor and raging alcoholic. [a live chicken is standing on the table]. And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of *dust*? Withnail: And how dare you tell him you rejected me?! Tell him if you must, I no longer care. No fridges, no televisions, no phones! My heart's beating like a fucked clock! Very, very foolish words, man. All hairdressers are in the employment of the government. Withnail: Look at him. Danny: Shut that gate and keep it shut! Uncle Monty: Oh! Before I became a journalist I was in the Territorials. An expert on bulls you are not! What had I done to offend him? Well, don't. Nothing that reasonable members of society demand as their rights! quotes military heroes famous quotesgram. Scrubbers! Much more of this and I'm going to apply for meals on wheels. Oh, but how dreadful. Withnail: Come on, old boy. I'm in considerable danger here, I must get out of here at once. You lead him astray. What we need is harmony, fresh air, stuff like that., Flowers are essentially tarts. I think it's time to release you from the lgumes, and transfer your talents to the meat. [narrating over scene] My thumbs have gone weird! For reasons I can't really discuss with you, he had to go to Jamaica. The beauty of the world, the paragon of animals!