The store will not work correctly in the case when cookies are disabled. Confidence matters. Which has been sent to Quarantineh Center under preventive measures where she is undergoing treatment. They see we are committed to the brand; that we are moving forward, investing and building the brand. Honey, India need not copy you. We have just entered the prt field and it is a tremendous challenge. SM: Look at the number of Fashion Weeks taking place every year. It took a lot of time and patience to align a way of working. Now its all about routines and time management for Sana. You need to be very liquid because you have to keep re-inventing your stores and opening new ones. Then there are the electricity and security issues; there is a strike and you lose three or four days and everything goes haywire with delivery issues. Sana Safinaz is part of SSFR (PVT.) There were fights, logistical problems, and breakdowns but they always kept on pushing. Previous Post Ali Xeeshan SM: With bridals and light evening wear. Today, Shagufta is a mother of two lovely children, trustee of a charitable organization and much, much more. There was a point when we went into a lull. Great ladies,Great job done.A big lesson for all our young girls.You can do everything.just learn from Sana Safinas to do big jobs.Both ladies deserve National award for creativity, It was a hair show and we did the clothes for Tariq Amin and people said what are you doing? For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Javascript in your browser. No one is going to order an expensive bridal outfit without talking to me; if I am not available, people come back another time. We are like pit-bulls - we hang in there and push ourselves. I am learning how to turn every obstacle into a non-obstacle and every defeat a learning ground. Making it into a professional business is the key.". SH: Contained maybe; but it is a big business. SM: We only cater to our clients. Looking back, this is the only thing Shagufta would change if she had the chance to create room for herself. When lawn started getting pricey, they introduced the lighter version - Muzlin - for younger women who didnt necessarily want to dress up daily wear. Youre sitting with 20 heads now that are putting in effort together, thats very exciting. SH: Getting there. When Safi places an order for lace, the shopkeeper is happy because she has bought his entire supply. Mehrs mother is her best friend. When I did it, that moment gave me power and courage. Correct me if I am wrong. PHOTO: FILE Designer duo Sana and Safinaz were spotted at the launch of their pret store in Lahore on June 3. We are older now but somehow we continue to be the driving force; the disruption comes from us and that makes things interesting because were always looking for the new thing. After performing poorly in her intermediate exams, she saw her dream of becoming an engineer shatter. Would ve been a story if lower or middle class girls had made it. Tomorrow is my daughters 7th birthday and the first day of a fashion week. @F. Shah I guess they design for the niche, not for general public. Trained as a colon and rectal surgeon, as well as a general surgeon, Dr.Sadaf Khan is currently working at Agha Khan University, Karachi, as both; a clinician and an educator. It is not healthy for anyone in any kind of setting to be the one to make the sacrifices while everyone else walks all over you but any relationship is a give and take so sometimes you put yourself first and at other times, your partner, child or a parent. To maintain her own health, she practices yoga and makes sure she cleanses and moisturizes her skin to keep it fresh and young. The talent in Pakistan is beyond amazing and I find it my duty to bring out the best from all my employees. A: Twenty-five years ago, did you have a vision of how SANA SAFINAZ would play out? She has always been there for her, pushing her to be the best version of herself, and catching her whenever she has fallen. Sana: Everyone wants this economy to go forward, so with everything being documented, businesses . Sana Safinaz are true innovators and trailblazers in all their business and creative endeavors and have set the bar high for the business of fashion in Pakistan. She thanks her mother especially for all the qualities she has passed on to me, for always believing in me, and constantly reminding me to be grateful to God every day. This is what has kept her away from feeling weak and incapable amongst all the hustle and bustle. To handle the business aspect, we are hiring professionals to push it forward. She always wanted to be known for her own work rather than being recognized as the cousin or the sister of someone successful. SANA HASHWANI: We love both the business and the design aspect. As a qualified CA, she did her article-ship from AF Ferguson and Co and completed her advanced management program from Spain. Summary. Do they also have a succession plan in place, I ask? A long story of the reason for infection was also shared on social media. The same goes for interiors; people are not interested in our team designing their house, they want to talk to us; they want our vision. "We have great resources, a great CEO, a great fashion head. Established in 1989 Sana Safinaz, founded by Sana Hashwani and Safinaz Muneer, is an established fashion label and one of the most prestigious and diversified in Pakistan. SH: This is the thing with age. Hashwani studied at the University of Karachi and in 1960 founded the Hassan Ali Company along with his brother AHSAN IQBAL YOUSUFZAI. You can never rest with retail. Prt accounts for only 10% of the market, but what it offers is convenience; it makes the brand accessible and opens up new avenues. We are the only premier luxury retailer offering elegant ready-to-wear & fashion fabrics, tastefully printed and embroidered along with avant-garde silhouettes for the modern woman. She advises other young girls to do the same, and to not be bothered by the opinion of others. Iqraa Hassan Mansha started off with a very small boutique hotel in Lahore and has recently opened the state of art Emporium Mall, which she calls her gift to the people of Lahore. A lot of what Salina has, she owes it to her mother and thanks her for all the guidance. The day they published their 100th issue was a major miracle moment for her. SH: You have to give a five to six year timeframe to any business. But what you need to do is push yourself harder, organize yourself, and prioritise what is important. He is creator and chairperson of Hashoo Group, an agglomerate of PC Hotels. The House of Sana Safinaz has been her home away from home. JavaScript seems to be disabled in your browser. Sana Safinaz Lawn Collection 2014 - 'A Combination of Two Designers' August 22, 2022; 0 Comments; Sana Hashwani and Safinaz Mureen. It was a hair show and we did the clothes for Tariq Amin and people said what are you doing? Looking after 2 babies is difficult and sometimes weak moments take over when I want to give up, explains Sehr. SM: Retail is only as good as your team is. I love her more than anything in the world, says Sehr with emotions twinkling in her eyes. Prove youre strong, its okay to own your power., Its important to be financially independent as a human, but Bina recognizes the fact that a lot of women are keen on being taken care of by their husbands, which is okay too. SH: I dont know. Again it was not a big vision; we said lets start this and see where it goes. I want to build on the strong foundation laid by them, bringing innovation and fresh outlooks to the designs. Somewhere between her studies, family, and career she lost sight of herself. So the price is a key point.". Iqraa believes that with changing times, standing up on your own feet is imperative for every man and woman. Now that we are older, we are inducting younger designers so that our design vision evolves in tune with younger preferences. But then someone else comes in and they start to take away your business and you wake up.". But having cracked the code for commercial success as well as creative excellence - almost a dozen Lux Style Awards sit on their desk as testament to their excellence - it is no wonder that Sana and Safinaz are still excited by fashion. "That was my baby. "Ready to wear bridals is not a new concept but its new for us," Sana explains. Presently, Mr. Hashwani is Non-Executive Chairman of Pakistan Services Ltd., Chairman for Pearl Tours & Travels (Pvt) Ltd. (a subsidiary of Pakistan Services Ltd.), Chairman & Chief Executive Officer of Hashwani Hotels Ltd . I also do wall art, pen and ink drawings, and have also done a few low key shows. Now its a new world, and hundreds of designs and motifs come off the internet. With around 30 stores nationwide and a brand that ranks in the top three in terms of ready to wear in the country, Sana Safinaz not only command respect and recognition but they keep proving themselves worthy of it. After Shaguftas children got older, she switched back to a full time job. Sana Hashwani and Safinaz Muneer shared their challenges, innovations and marketing strategies. I remember I worked from day 1. I still remember the first few luxury collections that swept the nations women away and caused major hysteria at exhibitions and sales. "Weve outgrown different phases. Also find news, photos and . She is what she is today because of her mother. In those days, if you worked, you were sad. We do interiors entirely on our own. Reams upon reams of cloth draped around each model. AURORA: How do you perceive SANA SAFINAZ as a brand? A: What made you decide to go into retail? She was much older and that allowed her to become calmer and wiser. There are no tried and tested processes, and unlike other fields where once the formula is worked out, you can keep doing it 24/7/365, we have to reinvent ourselves five times a day. Whats with the fair stuff? Complexion should not matter. Sadaf makes it a point to make up for the lost time later when she wraps up her work. There is no doubt in the fact that when Sehrs daughters grow up, they will be her best reflection and much more. Coming back to work after such a long period, however, left her at a disadvantage against her colleagues but she was determined to catch up. Lawn Royals: Sana and Safinaz. Copying is a worldwide issue; even the big French fashion houses struggle with the problem. The statement came a day after . We were just numb; we were just doing what we were doing. It was especially important for her considering both her areas of work are very different from each other. Sana has been blessed with incredible support from her family, friends, and husband. (ISB) +92-51-220-2701-5 Plot 12, Sector G-7/1 Mauve Area, Near Zero Point Islamabad, 44000 However, the company was nationalised in 1973. Sana handles prt entirely on her own. Sana and Safinaz are the most non-political and pleasant people in the field. There are always projects, opportunities. We outgrew them. As far as emotional independence is concerned, she says everybody should be emotionally independent, whether male or female. View the profiles of people named Sana Hashwani. SM: No. But the industry has won accolades and made fashion shine. I design lawn entirely on my own. To a certain extent this is what we are doing with retail. Established in 1989 Sana Safinaz, founded by Sana Hashwani and Safinaz Muneer, is an established fashion label and one of the most prestigious and diversified in Pakistan. They even have their own media wing, organizing exciting activities, meet-ups and promotions on a regular basis. ", Sana says, "I am just excited by the whole thing. Salina has also launched Salina Cosmetics which is an all organic beauty product range. [3] Hashwanis had migrated with the third Ismaili Imam Agha Khan from Persia in the early 1900s and settled in Lasbela, Balochistan. Fashion is one of the few thriving businesses in Pakistan. That doesnt mean you should be cold but know what is best for you- emotional health is very important and it should start at the level of our children where we teach them how to deal with their emotions and how to be confident with their presentation., Even women like Sadaf who are very passionate about their work, feel weak at times. When we started off, we were the new kids on the block; there was Shamaeel, Rizwan and Faiza. On 21 November 2020, she got married to the Surat based Maulana Mufti Anas Sayied a few months . Sana Hashwani and Safinaz Munir are the two creative designers behind Sana Safinaz, which is one of the most popular brands of the Pakistan. They are starting to believe in our brand. LIMITED. By 1970s, it had become Pakistan's largest cotton trading company. Free Local & International Shipping (Above USD 500) - UAN: 021-111-003-005. A: Then there is the issue of designers themselves copying prints. In carving her career path, she does feel bogged down sometimes because of the demands she has to meet as a mother. Nishan-e-Imtiaz (Order of Excellence) is the highest honour given to any civilian in Pakistan to recognise their achievements and outstanding services for the country. Apparel collections include but are not limited to Pret, Diffusion and Bridal Couture lines. Among other things, her daily to-do lists also have son time during which she focuses just on her son. When I moved to New York, something about Pakistan kept calling me back. . Life before Sana Safinaz was good but Sana is thankful for being here. Sanas favorite remedy is getting massages, even if she has to call someone home to get it done. That is the crux of the matter. There isnt an iota of insecurity in what shes doing; Safinaz is generous and is going out of her way to help. Whatever weakness I highlight; workplace pressure, home pressure, kids demands, husbands demands, one thing everyone has to be very clear about, is their goals. This is a time when most of them are bored, disgruntled or struggling. She had learnt her lesson. My work brings about so many positive changes in me. I will miss the fashion week and it will not be the end of the world. Mehr gives maximum time to her children while they are up but after their bedtime its all about self-love. After graduating, she was having a great time working with Diesel and as an assistant stylist to Ford Modelling Agency. Hashwani took to Instagram to confirm that she had tested negative for the virus. It is a time when fame and fortune is favouring the commercial favourites as opposed to the creative experts. Then 18 years ago we went into lawn and five years ago we started doing lawn totally on our own. Tremendous scope; it is now about engaging and we are at the stage where the public is engaging with us. Two very extraordinary ladies. This way, even after 5 years of not working professionally, she was able to retain all her knowledge. Pakistan barely has any trade schools or any sort of government support, and despite that, we see so many pioneers emerging. That recognition of the importance of evolution, to move on; Sana and Safinaz are cognizant of the fact that change is good and that makes their brand just as relevant, today, as it was two decades ago. Mehr realized that mistakes happen, and that they didnt have to be as hard on themselves as they were. President of Pakistan Arif Alvi conferred the award upon Hashwani at the Pakistan National Day ceremony on March 23, 2019, at the President's House in Islamabad.[9]. After failing to get into any college in Karachi, Shagufta decided to pursue her education privately. "And thats actually the reason why things have taken off. You dont have to be glued to your kids the entire day. I know how to strike the balance between being their teacher and also their friend. May be they will in future. Mohsin (Ali Tawasuli) is the person who passes stuff for us. We have invested heavily in our brand and we have to think where the brand will be when we are not there. Welcome to ''Sana hashwani'' official Facebook Fan page. Men dont think they need to take of their skin but its just dirt and must be cleaned up! When the mother works, it reflects in the mindset of her children.. Her strength and support is the reason behind the success of each and everyone in my family. From my mother to my sisters and my cousins, everyone has been doing great things. "The minute we dont have it we start to get bored. "Its the business of fashion that keeps driving us," Safinaz Muneer continues. However, she is glad about the fact that because women like herself continued to push for it, the current trend is much different and there are many more females preparing to become surgeons. They have become huge! Miracle Woman Sadaf Khans journey shows how, if women stick it out, the hurdles that life throws your way become a thing in the past before they even know it. SH: We will; with prt and lawn we have already done it. Hashwani took to Instagram to confirm that she had tested negative for the virus. Safinaz laughs when I mention that; she says she has to buy her own designs and then wait forever for the indispensable master sahib to find the time to tailor them. She did not have a plan B for her career and the only option she had was to switch to commerce. Personally, shes always had the drive to contribute something to the world, and feels everyone else should also. We can generate our own electricity, our own water, youre not particularly supported as small businesses, all of us are floundering and working out how to do things for ourselves. Other countries have a proper structure, they have unions and councils. The coronavirus test report of Sana Hashmi and her family members is negative. Theres a lot of competition in the market for bridal wear and everyone is doing a really good job; that client now has got 10 people she can go to. But after becoming a mother my perception of life has changed. While she loves her work, Sehrs Miracle Moment is her set of twins. SH: The entirely on our own is no longer something to take pride in. In our society a lot of women depend on their families for little things that provide them happiness. I dont think the government realises the severity of the problem copying is a huge issue; it is an industry wide problem. These girls hadnt even finished schools, nor could they even write, but due to this government initiative, they went on to become the highest earners in their household. From being pregnant to making the effort of getting your children through the years at school, instilling the drive to work hard, teaching them about being balanced and inculcating the sense of religion, it all takes a lot. "If you want to grow, no. I start very early in the morning to make sure I complete all the tasks I am supposed to for the day which includes giving quality time to my boys. Both women started off in the largely male dominated industry of fashion and retail and sought to a targeted niche market of a largely higher socioeconomic clientele. You have to be careful about how quickly you expand and how much dead stock you carry, because it is a drain on finances. She is one of the top make-up artists in town and it is not surprising why! Sana and Safinaz are the most non-political and pleasant people in the field. Nothing is impossible. SH: Profitability is something we will definitely see. You learn to deal with problems as you go along. She spent some time in Sri Lanka and noticed that they had a ministry for floral decoration. A: So it is contained? There is stability in our brand because Sana and I have been working consistently and until recently we have been doing this entirely on our own, and with no background in the field just the love of fashion. These are incredible achievements, and as mentors to the industry we need to focus on them. She would go round and round the roundabout to see it. "I took it very seriously. Women unnecessarily make themselves go through the guilt of not doing enough. Retail is limitless and you have to keep adding something new. Karachista is Pakistan's top news, entertainment, music fashion website. I am loving every bit of it at the moment, she says with contentment. According to an American-business magazine' Forbes, ' 2020 he is 7th richest Pakistani with a net worth of 1.5 billion US dollars. She is glad she made the decision to give more time to her family and now is busy being a good wife, daughter and an arts instructor. SM: We dont want to be the face of SANA SAFINAZ. Sana Hashwani Safinaz Muneer: Headquarters: Karachi, Pakistan. She was in a relationship with a man named Ismail Khan. As a woman you have more responsibility of raising your kids well even if the father is very involved. A: How did you start? But with Paperazzi they changed their pace completely. There would be stampedes, all for the neatly packaged lawn outfits that came with exciting goody bags of embroidered add-ons, lace inserts, buttons and detailing that allowed women to play with. Fashion fades, only style remains the same. Safinaz is sitting with a young Italian girl, married to a Pakistani and hence having moved to Karachi when I walk in; she's helping her understand the market dynamic so she can start her own label. What went wrong and how can I correct it? I consider myself a work in progress. Sanas journey began as a student in New York. Her Miracle Moments are many, including the days when she helps out a patient or a simple moment such as spending quality time with her children at the dinner table. If a woman is successful, it is for the betterment of the family, not just financially, but in the way that she is able to prepare her children for the real world, believes Seveen. The soft spoken and the very beautiful Sadaf believes that in todays fast paced life, it does not make any sense for a woman to be dependent on her male counterpart for monetary support. We need to delegate and have younger people work with us. I have now decided that the answer to this problem is sleeping less! ", "It excites us, we love it," Sana is quick to respond. [4], In 2014, Hashwani published his best-selling memoir Truth Always Prevails. You have entered an incorrect email address! But 27 years cant all be smooth sailing. She is someone who values the lessons life has to teach. Safinaz is sitting with a young Italian girl, married to a Pakistani and hence having moved to Karachi when I walk in; shes helping her understand the market dynamic so she can start her own label. As far as her Miracle Moment is concerned, it was during her Masters degree when she was one of the 15 students who were chosen to showcase their thesis project to a wide audience at the Victoria and Albert Museum in London. We started with light evening wear and it snowballed; the vision came in the last 10 years. View Sana Hashwani's profile on LinkedIn, the world's largest professional community.