But the digger apparently never found anything. According to family lore, we are related to them. The Alexander Younger group from Essex County/Halifax County, Va.; 4. Self published by the author, 1954. We collect and match historical records that Ancestry users have contributed to their family trees to create each . Late last year, he sent Getler a Facebook message about his preliminary findings. I only know of their family being from Yazoo City, Miss., which is where my mother (Ida Mae Younger) was born, out of wedlock, so she took her mothers family name. His father, Robert S. James, of Welsh ancestry, was a commercial hemp farmer and Baptist minister in Kentucky, who migrated to Missouri after marriage and View Site Frank James - geni family tree Dobbins .. 5 Nannie Mimms +George Shelton .. 5 John Mimms 4 Drury Lilburn Mimms 1833 - 4 David Woodson Mimms 1833 - 4 Mary Elizabeth Mimms 1837 - 4 Lucy Francis Mimms 1839 - 1879 +Boling Browder .. 5 Mary Browder .. 5 John Browder 4 George Tillman Mimms 1841 - 4 Nancy Catherine Mimms 1843 - +Charles McBride .. 5 Thomas William McBride +Gertrude .. 5 Xenia (Zennie) McBride .. 5 Male Mcbride 4 Zerelda Amanda Mimms 1845 - 1900 4 Thomas Martin Mimms 1846 - +Mary Giberson .. 5 Irene Mimms +William Purnell .. 5 Thomas JamesMimms 4 Sarah Ann (Sallie) Mimms 1849 +Willis Sullivan .. 5 John Sullivan .. 5 Conn Sullivan +Mary Grimes . 6 Nannie Sullivan +Herbert Finely . 6 George Robertson Sullivan .. *2nd Wife of Conn Sullivan +Tessie Dyer .. 5 Fay Sullvan +Andrew Gootee *2nd Husband of Sarah Ann (Sallie) Mimms +James Nicholson Groom 4 Henry Clay Mimms 1857 - . 3 William James 1811 - 1895 + Mary Ann Varble 4 Julia James 4 Thomas James 4 William James 4 Mary James 4 Laura James 4 George James 4 Alice James 4 Luther James 4 Gustavus James . *2nd Wife of William James +Mary Ann Gibson Marsh . 3 John James 1815 - 1887 +Amanda Polly Williams 187 - 1871 4 Robert Woodson James 1838 - 1922 4 Susan Prudence James 1845 - 1919 4 John F. James 1849 - 4 Thomas M. James 1852 - 1854 . *2nd Wife of John James +Emily Bradley . 3 Robert Sallee James 1816 - 1850 +Zerelda Cole 1825 - 1911 4 Alexander Franklin James 1843 - 1915 +Anna Ralston 1853 - 1944 .. 5 Robert Franklin James 1878 - +May Sullivan .. *2nd Wife of Robert Franklin James +Mae Sanboth ..4 Robert B. James 1845 - 1845 ..4 Jesse Woodson James 1847 - 1882+Zerelda (Zee)Mimms 1845 - 1900 .. 5 Gould James .. 5 Montgomery James .. 5 Susan Lavenia James 1870 -+Allen Parmer .. 5 Jesse Edward James 1875 - 1951+Stella McGowan . 6 Lucille Martha James 1900 - +Frank Lewis .7 James Curtis Lewis 1935 +Angelica Gloria Alvarado . 6 Josephine Frances James 1902 +Ronald Ross .. 7 James Ross 1926 - +Rosemary Henderson . 8 Bonnie Jo Ross 1957 - .. +Davis James Barnes . 8 Randall Glenn Ross 1961 - . 8 David James Ross 1963 - . 8 Elizabeth Danielle Ross 1968 - . 6 Jessie Estell James 1906 +Mervyn Baumel .. 7 Donald James Baumel 1933 - .. 7 Diane June Baumel 1933 - +James Fairchild . 8 Michael James Fairchild 1960 - . 6 Ethel Rose James 1908 +Calvin T. Owens .5 Mary Susan James 1879-1935+Henry Lafayette Barr 1867-1935 . 6 Lawrence H. Barr 1902 - .. +Thelma Duncan 1906 - .. 7 Elizabeth Ann Barr 1937 - . 6 Forster Ray Barr 1904 - .. +Gerie Essary 1914 - . 6 Chester A. Barr 1907 -+Beatrice Holloway .. 7 Frederick Arthur Bar 1937 - . 6 Henrietta Barr 1913 - 1913 4 Susan Lavenia James 1879 - 1889 . 3 Elizabeth James 1816 - 1904 +Tillman West - 1884 4 Luther Virgil West 4 Mary Mourning West 4 Henry Clay West 4 Nancy Woodson West 4 Oscar Dunreath West 1840 - 4 Richard James West 1843 - 1886 4 William Newton West 1847 - . 3 Thomas Martin James 1823 - 1903 +Susan Woodward - 1916 4 John Crawford James 1843 - 1944 4 Luther Tillman James 1850 - 1916 . 3 Nancy Gardner James 1823 - 1875 +George B. Hite 4 Mary Hite 4 John Hite 4 Olive Hite 4 Irene Hite 4 Robert Woodson Hite 4 Clarence Jeff Hite - 1883 4 George Hite 4 Cornelia Hite 4 Lucy Hite 4 Jeff Davis Hite 4 Henry Clay Hite . 3 Drury Woodson James 1826 - 1910 +Mary Louisa Dunn 4 Maria L. James 4 William James 4 Helen James 4 Lena James 4 Caroline James 4 Charles James 4 Edward James .. 2 Nancy Ann James 1777 +David Hodges .. 2 William James 1782 - 1807 .. 2 Thomas James 1783 +Mary B. Davis .. 2 Martin James 1789 - 1867 +Elizabeth Key I hope this helps ya outI looked it up because I too have a maybe line but don't really think it is true because everyone who has a James in thereline thinks they have relation to them. But I also found that I was invested, too. The Youngers pleaded guilty to murder and robbery, for which they received life sentences. He had yet to find a wolf trap. Left home to preach the Gospel to the gold miners in California[4], died about 3 weeks later there. Digital Public LibraryAn illustration by Donald Jay, dated 1882, depicting a train robbery by Jesse James and his gang. Im the last person to say this is all neatly integrated, seamless. Somers saw the treasure hunt in the largest possible terms. I wasnt ready to trust the map, but Getlers and Somerss interpretation revealed how they approached the code breaking. Zerelda was one of twelve children. Historical Person Search Search Search Results Results Jesse James WESTLAKE (1868 - 1939) . While I was at the pump, I got a text message that the treasure digging had begun anyway and something dramatic was happening. This was just when Jesse James was making his own transition from wartime Confederate guerrilla to postwar, politically inspired, anti-Union bandit and killer. Family descendants of Belle Starr still live in the area today. One Fans Search for Seeds of Greatness in Bob Dylans Hometown. The account, however, stretches credulity. Andrew Krea, Henry Louis Gates Jr. and NEHGS Researcher Meaghan Siekman, Black Musicians Are Not A Monolith: An Interview with Bartees Strange. Its messy. 23 Stirring Maya Angelou Quotes That The World Needs Now More Than Ever, 50 Interesting Random Facts That Will Melt Your Brain And Shock Your Friends, What Stephen Hawking Thinks Threatens Humankind The Most, 27 Raw Images Of When Punk Ruled New York, Join The All That's Interesting Weekly Dispatch. The data will show what the data will show, Richards said as his son walked grids on the hill. Somers scrutinized faint hand-lettering at the top of the map that appeared to say Battle Site. He noticed the stem of the letter B was detached from the curves, which could make it 13. And attle was written in such a way that could be read as oHio. Rather than Battle Site, did it say 13 Ohio Site, with 13 coinciding with the plat number of the property? Her mother was L.V. It had been raining. From James Boone Genealogy: "SARAH BOONE (Daughter of George & Mary Boone) was born on the Fifth Day of the Week, about H. past 11 in the Forenoon, on the 18th of February 1691-2." Sarah married Jacob Stover 15 March 1715 in Pennsylvania, Hazel Spraker, The Boone Family p. 23. Getler, 61, a former reporter with the International Herald Tribune, the Wall Street Journal and other publications, was a senior writer for Discovery Communications in the late 1990s when he started researching the history. History books say he and his brother, Frank, marauded farther west, from the 1860s until 1882, when James Gang traitor Robert Ford shot him in the back of the head in Missouri. The outlaws used stolen tools to pry up part of the track, pulling it aside with rope as the train rounded a blind curve. For the time being, though, that thing more precious than gold that each of the treasure hunters was seeking continued to elude them. Let me know if I can help you with any connections you may have. Within several days, after Getler, the Richardses and I had left Ohio, members of Bowsers family relented. Thats what started this whole thing., Bowser and one of her brothers co-owned about two dozen acres that included the forest on the steep hill overlooking the creek the same creek Somers had visited as a boy of about 10. As I continued my cautious journey down the rope on that hopeful fourth day when digging was to begin and the hill would yield its secrets, my mind was still open to any possibility. contains thousands of pictures and GeneaStars. Bloody Bill led the James boys and his unit in the now-infamous raid on Centralia where they killed several unarmed civilians and collected their scalps. With that, much of the wealth in the James family vanished and the boys turned to crime. Surprisingly, the clerk had the nerve to lie and tell them that the safe was on a time lock, even though one of the robbers was holding a Bowie knife to his throat. The next day, the bank was robbed. In the end, the FBI said it found no gold. Placerville, El Dorado County, California, Marriage of Robert James and Zerilda E Cole, https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:Q2D4-S1D4, https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:MDZ7-1JN, http://trees.ancestry.com/rd?f=sse&db=1820usfedcenancestry&h=1259936&ti=0&indiv=try&gss=pt, 1850 US Census: Name: Robert James; Sex: Male; Age: 31; Event Place (Original): Platte, Clay, Missouri, United States; Birth Year (Estimated): 1819; Birthplace: Kentucky; Race: White, "Kentucky, County Marriages, 1797-1954," database with images, FamilySearch (, "United States Census, 1850," database with images, FamilySearch (. Her mother, Fannie Gerald, was born on Nov. 27, 1888, and died on March 9, 1976. According to one of the few mainstream histories of the organization, Knights of the Golden Circle: Secret Empire, Southern Secession, Civil War by David C. Keehn, Booth and at least one other conspirator in plots to kidnap or kill Lincoln probably were members. KGC historian Keehn disagrees: I never really found anything that supports the treasure-hunting thing, he told me. Bob died of tuberculosis in prison; Cole and Jim received pardons in 1901. Had 6 slaves: Charlotte born in 1830 in Kentucky, and her 4 kids, and Ambrose. If so, a Confederate Depository was indicated at the site where Somers started digging his shaft. The group then attacked a train of wounded and deactivated Union soldiers, killing at least 100 men. John M. James (c1775-1827) 5. He died in 1850 when his son, the infamous Jesse James, was three years old. Jesse James had two full siblings: his older brother, Alexander Franklin "Frank", and a younger sister, Susan Lavenia James. [2], Note by Lilly Martin, Aug 18, 2018: Robert Sallee James had 4 children: 3 boys and 1 girl. The risk of confirmation bias fitting the signs to a desired meaning seemed enormous. Jesse James, however, couldnt stay away from crime. An ex-Confederate guerilla whose exploits set the pace for the wild decades to come, outlaw Jesse James was a romantic figure in the years after his early death as he was likened to a kind of American Robin Hood. I was pulling for Somers, Getler and Richards to be right about all this, despite what the historians said. Local lore held that there had been a gold mine in the area a long time ago, and Somers began to wonder if the rumors of a gold mine and the rumors of outlaw gold were conflations of the same story. Also, Cyril Edward Cain compiled Four Centuries on the Pascagoula in 1983, and W.Z. Masters degree in 1847. Research genealogy for Jesse James Watlington of North Carolina, as well as other members of the Watlington family, on Ancestry. Jesse James (right) poses with brother Frank James (seated) and Charles Fletcher Taylor (left); Frank is wearing a Civil War studio costume.. Jesse Woodson James married Zerelda Amanda Mimms, a cousin, April 24, 1874 in Kearney, Clay, Missouri. Download or Read eBook Let's Make a Jesse Tree PDF written by Darcy James and published by .