captured in an electronic forum and Apple can therefore provide no guarantee as to the efficacy of You are using an out of date browser. Lets hop in! Downgrade Back to Previous Hue Sync App Version. Could it be that the Dolby Vision frequencies need to be >30Hz, which are not supported by your LG TV? Few companies will be willing to gamble on new products, especially for technical products, which means that many unpredictable problems will occur. There are applications that claim to work on Smart TV's with this box however they do not work . ShYnNoK. By deleting the apps data, you can let the Philips Hue app regenerate its own data files. Just looked at the Gradient and i'm sold on that. Both of these issues can be fixed with these quick tips and tricks. Ports 1 and 3 are not the same spec as ports 2 and 4 on the sync box, but if you put the devices that don't support DV on those ports you'll probably be ok. M. To solve the problem, consider removing and reinstalling the same version again. By connect directly, I mean dont use a WiFi access point (which I explored in the previous paragraph). In the case of WiFi, make sure that the signal reaching them is Good to Excellent to avoid problems in connection. My xbox and cabke box are connected but when i turn it on i get the weak no signal message. My Hue Play HDMI Sync Box just won't work it says, 'signal not detected' on inputs with devices not 'no HDMI input detected" so I get nothing. I've tried to contact Apple Support with no sucess, also Dolby Vision doesn't have a customer support for this. Press and hold the power button on the Hue sync box. I've talked to Philips with no success and with LG (who told me that the issue is not with the TV). Luckily, this problem is solved by removing the corrupted data that the app has stored on your computer or phone. only. If your Hue Sync hue has been updated, your bridge would disconnect for a moment and reconnects again, it would happen to you several times a day. Also please be sure to check out, Solution: Check Your Wifi Signal and Internet Speed, 2. International customers can shop on www.bestbuy.com and have orders shipped to any U.S. address or U.S. store. Read more. I will tell you some methods to fix it. And the Hue Sync Box connects to your router (via Wi-Fi). Simply delete this folder and the app should repair itself. You also can wait for the updates from Philips Hue, they can solve this issue quickly as a lot of users will have the same issue. To connect your lighting system to the app, youll need to have the lights and the Hue Bridge installed in your house. On a Mac, the data folder is called the cache.. It shows how bright the bulb can get at 2700 K (White bulbs) or 4000 K (White ambiance or White and color ambiance bulbs). But whats causing the connection issue you may encounter. Use the Hue Sync mobile app to set your sync box to come on automatically or even switch input modes when it detects that your connected HDMI device powers on. Turn off Dolby vision when using sync box works. Is your Hue Bridge connected and added to the Hue app? Create an account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations. I have a WiFi access point in my garage without issue, but some devices struggle with access points for some reason. You also need to install the new Sync app on your PC or Mac. Does the Sync Box come ON when the TV is powered on?" They release a new version constantly, you can see. Press and hold the option key to reveal a Library folder. There are reports of the Hue Sync Box losing signal from the HDMI ports or losing connection to the Hue hub when its not used as the primary HDMI hub for your devices. We and our partners use cookies to Store and/or access information on a device. Tristan also has an academic background (in Math & Computer Science), and so he enjoys digging into the technical ways that smart home devices work. These are the main things under this set up: *Dolby Vision Enhanced Compability turned on (Hue Box)? If you want to enjoy an immersive home lighting ambiance, you should definitely consider the Hue Sync system from Philips. Apple TV 4K only sends the standard 4K, in setup 4K dolby vision isnt an option. In order to try this fix, you need to delete your apps data. Required fields are marked *. Im a software developer whose interested in gadgets, homes and DIY, so I have loved seeing smart homes (and home automation) become increasingly popular over the years. My LG tv has only HDMI ARC and not eARC. I've contacted Philips Hue Support but they don't know what they are doing. AVForums.com is owned and operated by M2N Limited, If your app has been giving you trouble and rolling back updates doesnt seem to change anything, or youre tired of constantly reinstalling the Hue software, you can check to see if its not the apps data that is causing the problem. But you should ensure a steady internet connection for your Hue Sync Box. Seems like after the last box update nothing is working it's been a while now. The system is composed of two standalone units, which are an app and a physical box. But despite how solid the system is, you might run into some connection issues while using the system, whether its on the app or the physical box connected to your TV. The images are in Dutch and have not much meaning other then . I like that smart home technology makes it easier than ever to get news and weather updates, secure your home, turn lights on and off and also have a disco with multi-colored smart bulbs! Connectivity is what makes smart tech work, and it needs to be reliable in order for the smart part of things to live up to its name. Swipe to the left on where it says "Home" and tap "Remove". Learn more about brightness. So almost every software or App will release patches for the upgrading. The app will immediately begin searching for a Hue sync box. Connect the Hue sync box to power and your TV. With the app installed on your device, Hue can then use whatever content you have playing to create an immersive lighting experience. Sometimes your App maybe gets messed up, so it would be having connection issues. Looks so much better and tidier. Description. "@adamrzanek Thanks for letting us know, are you trying to get the Apple TV to wake up the Sync Box or the Sync Box to Wake up the Apple TV? It may not display this or other websites correctly. Apple may provide or recommend responses as a possible solution based on the information However, the challenge here is to properly diagnose the problem, especially if its a technical problem. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Philips Hue Play HDMI Sync Box to Sync Hue Colored Lights With Music, Movies, and More, HDMI 4K Splitter, 4 HDMI In 1 Out, . All you need to do here is make sure that your Hue Sync Box either connects directly into your TV or into your Audio/Video receiver that then connects into your TV. Luckily, Philips is a reputable manufacturer, and the Hue Sync system rarely encounters connection issues. Really, I'm the first to have these issues? HDMI2 on the LG C9 to the Denon receiver and Monitor 1 out on the Denon. This update also brings support for HDR content, including Dolby Vision and HDR10+ content. However, how to do if the method doesnt work? There you have it! My Nvidia shield pro works brilliantly . Due to the complexity of the issue and amount of third party variables in the equation, we would recommend you Contact Apple Support. This is the first app youll need. Funny thing is that on option 3 apple TV is giving the options (that don't work obviously) for Dolby Vision 40,50 and 60hz, Aug 21, 2020 3:10 PM in response to ShYnNoK. I've also tried to reset my apple tv, reset my Hue Sync Box, change internet set up, update my TV firmware and no success. Mine especially has issues with Dolby Vision. Optional: Pair a TV remote to the Hue sync box. Powered by Xenforo, Hosted by Nimbus Hosting, Original design Critical Media Ltd. This is a pretty glaring problem. Hue Sync app shows no signal detected I have a Roku HDMI to input #1 of the Sync Box, and the HDMI out to the TV. Even if the connection dropped (and I'm not convinced, because everything else is fine), it . The box has most of its connectivity problems centered around either how it physically connects into your system or how youve got your Wi-Fi set up. The No. Some of our partners may process your data as a part of their legitimate business interest without asking for consent. A brief guide with some of the most common connection errors that you can come across while using the Hue Sync App or physical box. This app is for both PC and Mac users (along with a smartphone app which links with your physical Hue Sync Box). Europe's busiest forums, with independent news and expert reviews, for TVs, Home Cinema, Hi-Fi, Movies, Gaming, Tech and more. Roku sends signal to tv thru the Sync Box no problem, but the Hue Sync app shows no signal detected, thus no light effects. What is different about the Apple product that it doesnt work? Any help appreciated. For example, HDMI 1 could be the name of your gaming console. Apple TV 4K: No Dolby Vision If Connecter to Denon AVR. Select your Wi-Fi network and tap Connect. From both Apple TV to Hue Sync and Hue Sync to TV, *Dolby Vision Formats available on Apple TV Video Format settings: 1080p (all frequencies), Dolby Vision 4k (30hz, 25hz, 24hz). Can we ask, have you tried any other configurations? 6. Hello just here to say you are my favorite person as this has fixed my issue too!! Even video games they feel like theyd be too distracting. Connectivity Issue with Hue Bridge and Hue Sync. Wait 30 seconds. I'm using AmazonBasics High-Speed HDMI Cable, 6 Feet, 2-Pack - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B014I8SX4Y/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_ZTCkFbS2ZBDV8UPDATE 2: I was still having issues with the PS4, and fixed that by turning off HDCP in PS4 settings (another solution from @tweethue!). I am loving mine with the gradient strip as well. The Hue Sync Box comes with 4 HDMI ports that allow you to directly connect all media devices, such as: Both systems are pretty solid and offer a decent level of plug n play intuitiveness. Make sure that your mobile device is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your Hue Bridge. Similar to the previous one, this one is also easy to solve. I have listed six methods for your issues. What fixed it for me was in the settings in the sync app there is a section called 'Automatic Control Options', I deselected the first 4 options and immediately it started detecting the signal from the devices powered on. So basically, the Hue Sync Box will connect to your router with Wi-Fi, and therefore it can see the Hue Bridge (which is also connected to the router). This seems to be a recurring issue for Hue Sync app users, but thankfully there is a reliable solution that can get things working again. All you need to do is delete inside the files in the Hue Sync app folder, and youre good to go. Good question. In other words, double click on the highlighted folder and then delete the contents of this folder (but do not delete the actual folder called huesync): If youre on a Mac, the process is a little different: Your PC or Mac based Hue Sync app will use your homes internet network to speak to your Hue Bridge (it will not use ZigBee): In other words, if your PC or Mac has a weak WiFi signal, it might struggle to properly sync the lights nearby because some of the commands between your computer and the Hue Bridge might fail to get through. The cable box should run thru the receiver. If it persists, you have two options to consider: If youve downgraded to an older version that used to work back in the day but it doesnt seem to work anymore, the problem is most likely caused by corruption in the cache or the temporary files associated with your device. What if rolling back the upgrade doesnt do the trick? The Hue Sync Box is Unstable on Wifi/An Access Point, Solution: Connect the Hue Sync Box to a Less Cluttered Singal, 2. Sonos Arc, Apple TV 4K and Dolby Atmos/Vision Setup. If you have the plugin running it will discover the Hue sync box and will show this with one line shortly after the start of the plugin. I don't get it. There seems to be an issue of integration with apple TV or a problem on device. Although updating to the latest version ensures optimal experience while using the Hue Sync, some of the new updates cause the software to crash or lose its synchronization with the system. I hope these methods can help you to solve your problems, if you still dont fix them, please leave a message below, I will reply to you as soon as possible. If I rebooted the Sync box the signal would be detected for 20 seconds or so before dropping off. With the Hue sync box, you can experience surround lighting where your smarts lights flash, dance, and change color to match the action on the TV screen. Any selection of variables on option 3 doesn't make my TV recognize Dolby Vision, however I can force it to be HDR which works on scenarios 1 and 2 (it recognizes HDR and the lights sync). Scroll down and look for the button that says Clear Cache and Clear Data, then press and confirm. Keep on reading to know more about these issues and how to fix them: First, lets start with the common problems you might encounter with the Hue Sync App. For example, if there is any metal in your home that can cause issuers with your Wi-Fi. See all the updates weve made to the Hue sync box to improve the surround lighting experience. Aug 25, 2020 7:50 PM in response to jdo_apple. Additionally, it may be worth contacting Philips Hue Support. Sony A95L QD-OLED, X95L MINI LED And Full BRAVIA Range For 2023 (In-Depth Interview). I've got the Philips hue sync box and had an issue with 'not receiving a signal' with my Firestick. Make sure Bluetooth is enabled on your mobile device. However, with one or two of the latest updates, a lot of users started encountering connectivity issues despite not having any problems before. To view the purposes they believe they have legitimate interest for, or to object to this data processing use the vendor list link below. Other users have experienced problems with the app related to how it stores data on your PC. Vodafone TG3442DE), Now allows for HDR10+ content when the Hue sync boxs HDMI cable is on the second output of an AV receiver, Further increased the reliability of communication to the Hue Bridge, Improved the Hue sync boxs ability to detect black bars on screen, enhancing generated light scripts, Introduced native support for Harmony remotes, Introduced a Wi-Fi status screen in the Hue Sync mobile app, Changed the default Hue sync box name to Sync Box, Changed the LED indicators behavior while lights are dimmed, In cases of multiple Wi-Fi access points, the Hue sync box will now connect to the strongest access point, Added support for the Play gradient lightstrip, Added support for Dolby Vision and HDR10+ content, Added support for voice control with Amazon Alexa, the Google Assistant, and Siri Shortcuts, Added support for infrared (IR) remote controls, Updated Hue Bridge discovery for certain networks, Improved light experience for multiple lights around the TV screen, Improved light experience for Music mode for music playing on low volume, Improved compatibility with several routers (e.g. They both sample video and audio output to your monitor and have your Hue lights react accordingly. Some users report problems with how the Hue Sync box connects to HDMI and Wi-Fi. What is the problem? Continue holding the BIND and EJECT buttons for 10-15 seconds. Your comment will be manually reviewed and approved by Tristan in less than a week. Open up "Settings" on your iOS device. Starting to hate the sync box. In a press release around yesterdays update Signify writes: The Philips Hue Play HDMI Sync Box now also reacts to common infrared TV remotes or the Logitech Harmony universal remote control. Troubleshooting Ecobee Server Communication Issues. This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes Now you should ensure that your Philips Hue Sync Box is your main hub for HDMI devices. As a result, it can be worth eliminating all the usual causes of bad WiFi connections: such as being too far from the WiFi router, or using a low quality WiFi dongle that often cuts out. Navigate to the HueSync folder (Roaming or Local). NetgearRAX40), Improved color rendering for Chromecast Ultra for various video formats, Fixed an issue where 4K content was downgraded when the sync boxs HDMI cable was on the second output of an AV receiver, Fixed an issue where Huawei P20 phones were not able to complete setup in the Hue Sync mobile app, General stability and performance improvements, Increased the reliability of communication to the Hue Bridge, Fixed issues thatoccasionallystopped lights from syncing during streaming, Fixed a bug that caused lights to switch off when syncing on the highest brightness setting, Fixed issue with Apple TV pass-through mode, in which it would be disrupted when softwarerestarted (on a HDCP 1.4 TV), Fixed a bug with Nintendo Switch that caused it to not sync when switching from YouTube to a game, Fixed a bug with Chromecast Ultra that interrupted video pass-through when used with PhilipsFidelio B5 soundbars, TVs will no longer switch inputs when sync box goes into and out of power-save mode, Power cycling the sync box will no longer switch inputs with various sources unintentionally. You can install this app on your device. I cant think of any big issues. any proposed solutions on the community forums. I have to turn the damn thing on 3 to 4 times for it to recognize my tv ir xbox. APs are often best used for devices that dont need a 100% steady internet connection. Is there a way to force the Apple TV 4K to send Dolby Vision? Then the out/tv from the Sync box runs to the tv. Sometimes goes off unexpectedly then has to be synced again. If managing two apps and your devices sounds like a little much, the Hue Sync Box handles this light show for you and allows you to connect all of your HDMI devices to a central hub. Hue uses these connections to create their surround lighting experience. Can Philips Hue Control Other Bulbs or Normal Lights. If you want to use the Hue app, you have to have a Hue bridge and Hue lighting in the room. How does this all work? UPDATE: I was able to fix this issue thanks to @tweethue! You must feel desperate at this time. Simply connect the Hue Sync Box directly to your Wi-Fi router, and leave the AP for lower-priority devices or devices that can take the less stable connection. This is because more users prefer the app over the box. PLease see my previous comment for more details. Yes, but it only recognizes when it is HDR. Equipped with four HDMI inputs, this unit reads the signal from connected HDMI devices like gaming consoles, set-top boxes, or Blu-ray players, syn Yes I tried to update the hue sync box, I've used two different cables: Rocketfish - 1.5' 4K UltraHD/HDR In-Wall Rated HDMI Cable, https://www.bestbuy.com/site/rocketfish-1-5-4k-ultrahd-hdr-in-wall-rated-hdmi-cable-black/2059068.p?skuId=2059068, Belkin UltraHD High Speed 4K HDMI Cable (This one is even Dolby vision compatible - it says in the box), https://www.apple.com/shop/product/HLL52ZM/A/belkin-ultrahd-high-speed-4k-hdmi-cable-2m?fnode=d7d175e7afc411c7a0bea76ae78a0dbdc97c9a683570658022046b4213d190dec5c598964ed48a250e5b84a1438fe741f47e3d4f5f40eb02a6c3a6509ffadf2c53ec23a59571111d5b54e664fa731a648fcaa98b3c56133bc14d2645f6881e84.