If you are a follower of the Yoruba religion, you may be wondering how to find your Orisha mother and father. By. Say hello to our Love & Relationships Contributor: The Genuine (Brittney Baker) Gemini! What would you do if I told you I needed to bury a body? #MeditationMonday Introducing: Mantra My Mess Away- The Series! Web First you can ask other Yoruba people if they know who your Orisha parents are. QUIZ: Sorry, If Youre Under 25 Theres No Way You Can Pass []. Life: Loving & Bonding With Our Mothers Beyond The Years of Our Youth, LIFE PERSPECTIVE WHILE ON YOUR GRIND: Appreciation Cultivates Humility, Meditation Monday: How to Handle the Weight of Success and Failure Through Meditation, Meditation Monday: 3 Easy Tips to Build Self- Confidence Through Meditation, Meditation Monday: Honing in on Your New Year's Resolutions. Go ahead: The fourth season of Big Brother Naija came to an end over a month ago, but the conversation surrounding the housemates is far from over. Web The Seven African Powers for Beginners African Spirituality Magic More and more people are being drawn to their pre-Christian ancestral ways. She is the goddess of transitions and transformations. DEACTIVATING ESKRIDGE-THE SERIES PRT 4: Distructive Discovery; His New Love, Life: How to Have Better Success in Relationships thru Transparency, Mantra My Mess Away: Breaking Chains- Prt 3. Oya is the Orisha of the Niger River, and Her violent rainstorms are said to be its source. Thanksgiving Dinner as a New Divorce- There's ALWAYS Something to be Thankful for! In Brazilian Candombl, where She is known as Yemanja or Imanje, She is the Sea Mother who brings fish to the fishermen, and the crescent moon is Her sign. Each system differs in how it determines your head Orisha. The Yorb clans inhabit parts of western central Africa, in present-day Nigeria. ins.style.display = 'block'; Mid-Week Meditation: How to Cultivate The Year of the Grind into Your Lifestyle!! The Yoruba people have a vibrant culture, and their gods, goddesses and supernatural beings are quite intriguing. Fashion Culture: Jefferson Ralpheal Menswear Recap! She is also linked to TB and digestive problems. By the power of the Holy Ghost, i command fire to destroy you in Jesus name. My LCP ladies chime in.. Please, dont fall our hand. If you are still unsure about which orisha is your guide, you can always consult with a priest or other spiritual leader who can help you to interpret the results of the quiz. This in my [], Blessed Imbolc! We hope to INSPIRE our current and coming generations to ASPIRE to a spirit of excellence, by showcasing the talents and achievements of outstanding individuals. Take the quiz and see. This represents the vastness of her motherhood. QUIZ: Can You Guess The Country Names From These Emojis? The house of friends and membership. Questions and Answers 1. Yemaya is the spiritual mother of all, maternal, dignified, and nurturing. Subscribe for new blog posts notifications. Offerings to Oya include eggplants, coins, red wine, and cloth. Web Read Painter of the Night manga - Painter of the Night manhwa - Painter of the Night yaoi Na-kyum is a young painter with an exceptional Lim Kok Thay has stepped down as chairman CEO and executive director of Genting Hong Kong. Obatala is the Orisha of peace and calm, whose domain is the sky above, the clouds, and the tops of mountains. Do you remember when I lost my virginity. Election Day 2016: I VOTEDbut NOT because I Believe in the System! Easy. In some tales She is said to be a mermaid, with a fish's tail. So, get ready to find out some exciting facts about you. It also includes the energies and challenges youll face meeting your career goals. There are said to be 401 orishas in total, with each one governing a specific aspect of human life. Orisha 1 are spirits that play a key role in the Yoruba religion of West Africa and several religions of the African diaspora that derive from it such as Cuban . Which Orisha do you most resemble. Beef. She is identified with Our Lady of Regla, the sailors protector. The Orisha of purity, Obatala was sent by the Supreme Being at the beginning of time to form the Earth. There is a lightning storm right now. They are similar but not quite the same. When an orisha is invoked, it is said that they mount the individual, which means that they enter into and possess the person. A collection of videos documenting some of the events of the EndSARS protests. Some quizzes will ask you to answer questions truthfully, while others will ask you to choose the answer that best describes you. So, when such an orisha chooses you or is trying to contact/work with you, how would you know? One Piece Quiz. Many Blessings, Alex. How Well Do You Know About Yoruba Gods? If you are looking for an orisha quiz, there are many different websites that offer them. Music Culture: Magic City Classic Live Music Scene 2015, Fit Culture: Hallowen Edition- Make Trick or Treating a Workout. The Orisha often communicate with us through our dreams. This house deals with gaining pleasure through acts of creation, artistically and even procreation i.e. Dysfunctional Relationships: Is it Learned Behavior? They are known as Orishas. Move over Odin, Ra, and Zeus, there's a new really old pantheon in town. The heaven realm is the domain of Olorun, a sun god. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. It is Orunmilas duty to record the destiny of individuals the moment the breath of life is given to them. Can You Eat Lactation Cookies While Pregnant? The Orisha equivalent is Olokun, the god of the ocean floor. SEE ALSO: Addressing A Critique About Orisha Rulers of the Zodiac. As a crutch, he is compelled to utilize a twisted tree branch, which is a familiar emblem for him. Who founded Ife, the first city of Yoruba? Only then can you find your power and activate it. Usually the godparent will use the shells of Elegba or the orisha they are initiated to and will sometimes ask another priest or priestess to do the reading for neutrality. I hope as you draw your work week to a close you are able to let your hair down and enjoy the weekend;). Although he used to resemble a human (as do other orishas), Osain has now lost an arm, leg, ear, and eye, with the remaining eye located in the middle of his head like a Cyclops. ins.dataset.adChannel = cid; Nulla felis nunc, consequat laoreet lacus id. My Work: I Host NAACP's Montevallo & Shelby County Chapter's Black History Event: Unheard Hero's, LCP's Tribe of Queens, Ladies Night Out: Fifty Shades Darker, A Memoir: Encountering Sister Souljah- Prt 1, Memoir: An Introspective Look at 31 Years of Life. This powerful Orisha is also responsible for carrying the spirits of the newly departed to the spirit world. ins.className = 'adsbygoogle ezasloaded'; To find out which Orich claims your head, you have to undergo one of two possible ceremonies: In iles (houses) that are Ifa-centric, Babalawos (Priests of Orula) use palm or cola nuts to draw out the Odu (sign or letter) that signals the owner of the person's head. var container = document.getElementById(slotId); In this weeks #ZikokoSoYouDontHaveTo, we reviewed a book on the dramatic AF 1979 election and how Obafemi Awolowo dragged Shehu Shagari up, down and around for the presidency. These quizzes can be establish online, and they volition ask you a series of questions about your personality, your preferences, and your behavior. All rights reserved. Self Acceptance: Comfortable in the Skin You're in, The Minimalist Lifestyle: How to Have More with Less. Come to ORUNMILA. PEOPLE: Inside The Heart & Mind of a Howard University Grad! Say Hello to Our Child Development & Mental Health Freelancer: Lauren Packer, Say Hello to Our Culture, & Black Men's Mental Health Contributor: Aaron (Ace Boogie) SMITH. If you would like to further support The Gnostic Dread, you can donate using Cashapp or PayPal. Oya, the goddess of winds and storms. Kula nuts are also acceptable. Get notified of new Embracing Spirituality blog posts, class news, and more, DIY Rituals Gone Wrong: What Happens and What You Dont Know. He also keeps an eye out for the house. The third is through direct possession, but even this must be confirmed with divination. Ori Orisha is the Orisha in charge of your destiny. Fit Culture: Indoor Workouts for the Autumn Season. You can also look for clues in your family history or in your dreams. If you are a child of Obatala, you may find that you are enamored with ideas, analytical, cerebral, introverted, and monogamous. "A Goddess is a woman who breaks the moldShe is who she wants to be and she offers no apologies. They believe them to be one soul inhabiting two bodies, linked together by destiny for life. This is reflected in Olokun being confined to the ocean floor by seven chains. Life & Relationships: Exes- Dangers of Communicating with the Past, Plagiarism: Modern Day Love & Relationships. So let's have some fun and share with friends and family! CONNECT WITH YOUR GOALS THRU OBJECT FOCUSED MEDITATION! Meditation Monday: Increased Brain Functionality From Meditation! Offerings to Oshun include sweet things such as honey, mead, white wine, oranges, sweets, or pumpkins, as well as perfume. Do give it a shot! Embracing Spirituality is a loving community of metaphysical and spiritual study and discussions, led by spiritualist, metaphysician, and traditionalist Obara Meji. His favorite colors are green and yellow. Find the US States - No Outlines Minefield, Find the Countries of Europe - No Outlines Minefield, Lego Marvel Superheroes 2 Playable Characters, Keeper of the Lost Cities Talents by Characters, Orisha of the Niger River, Magic, and Fire. They have a great spirit of improvement, they are constant in the achievement of their goals, they are usually very intelligent, skillful and persuasive. She is considered either the sister of the Orisha of storms Shango, or one of His three wives, with Oshun and Oba. Hes also known to heal epidemics like small pox. The union should be blessed by the head Orisha of the Olorisha before making any commitment. She is associated with the Orisha Olokin (Who is variously described as female, male, or hermaphrodite) Who represents the depths of the Ocean and the unconscious, and together They form a balance. Are you ready to surprise us? African Heritage: The Strength of The African Mind, SINGLEDOM: How to Avoid Settling for "Substitutes" While Dating. Oshun is the orisha of love, beauty, and fertility. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. She is the patron spirit of women, especially pregnant women. Jupiter, the king of the gods within the Roman pantheon is also the ruling planet of this house. Zikoko Ships is a Zikoko Original series where we invite two people who share a relationship to play the Zikoko card games. The Orisha Eshu is the ruler of the sixth house, the equivalent to the sign Virgo. Like Oshun, She is worshipped not only in Africa but in Brazil, where the Amazon is said to be Her river, and where She is equated with the Virgin Mary as Our Lady of La Candelaria. Orunla is also associated with St. Philip and St. Joseph. Double-click here and select a page to feature its content. Check out The Gnostic Dreads complete recommended reading list! These traits all reflect Shango, the warrior Orisha of thunder, lightning, and fire. STEM Entrance Exam Quiz: Can you pass this Stem Exam? LIVE IN YOUR TRUTH! var alS = 2021 % 1000; STOLEN FRUIT FROM THE WOMB OF MOTHER AFRICA, Breaking the Mental Chains: The Misconception of the Conscious Movement, Culture: Reiki Energy Healing & Self Care, Marchig into Blackness: A Must Read by all Melanin Kissed Women. Grammar Quiz: Test your Grammar Knowledge with questions. . Can You Eat Lactation Cookies If YouRe Not Pregnant? This was a necessity when slave-owners refused to allow slaves to practice African religion. Based on your answers, the quiz will be able to tell you which orisha is your guide. The first two are through divination. Cancer is known for being maternal, protective, nurturing, and instinctive. You can also look for clues in your family history or in your dreams. In the Yoruba religion, the seven powerful orisha are thought to bring about miracles and change a person's life. He also constructed the bodies of humans. I thank you and appreciate all the donations that are given as they allow me to keep the website running and publishing new material. LIFE: How is the Media Conditioning Your Children's Perception on Life & Relationships? Cancun Travel Anxiety, anybody? Once you find a quiz that you are interested in taking, make sure that you read the instructions carefully. Do you feel a connection? Orisha is a term used to describe deities that are venerated in the Yoruba religion. Oshun is the goddess of fresh water (opposite to the salty, ocean waters of Yemoja), sensuality, prosperity, love, and fertility. Trivia Quiz. All rights reserved. I pretended to be you to date a girl you liked. if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,250],'classifiedmom_com-leader-1','ezslot_10',116,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-classifiedmom_com-leader-1-0'); It means to be the daughter of Oshun, the Yoruba goddess of love, beauty, fertility, and prosperity. It is also important to create an altar or sacred space for your orisha. They are known as Orishas. Orunla is most popularly identified with St. Francis of Assisi, for unknown reasons. Finally, we can ask the Orisha directly. Orisha of Agriculture: Orisha of the Forest: Orisha of the Hunt: Orisha of Thunder and Lightning: Orisha of Wealth: Orisha of the Air: Orisha of the Sun and Moon: Orisha of Marriage: Orisha of Beauty and Love: Orisha of the Niger River, Magic, and Fire: Orisha of Mothers and the Ogun River: Orisha of the Animals of the Forest lo.observe(document.getElementById(slotId + '-asloaded'), { attributes: true }); If youve been called by an orisha, its important to know the signs so that you can properly respond. Stressed by The World? Take this which Orisha character are you quiz to test which character are you? The ruling planet Venus is also the Roman goddess of love, whose Orisha equivalent is Oshun. This quiz knows the truth. You just have to tell us a few things about yourself and based on your answers, we will determine your orisha type. LIFE. Heighten Your Sexual Connection Thru Meditation! Vivamus pellentesque vitae neque at vestibulum. Marching into Blackness: Holistic Hair Care for Black Coils! Enter Your Name. . Meditation: Creating A Mentality of Greatness! Thank you in advance! The devil has not authority here. For years, Nigeria has faced a decline in voter turnout. How Well Do You Know About Yoruba Gods? The group was first called "Amenaza", "threat" or "menace" in Spanish, and appealed to the . This is a place where you can go to connect with them and receive their guidance. There are four hundred and one of them in total, each playing a role within the Yoruba pantheon. MUSIC CULTURE: "The Mighty Bison"- A.H. PARKER HIGH, ART CULTURE: Fall & Luminist Landscape Portraits, GAINING DEEPER SPIRITUAL CONNECTION THRU: MEDITATION. Third, we can look to our dreams. In Haitian Vodou She is an inspiration for Erzulie or Ezili, also a Deity of water and love. Orunla Orunla, also known as Orunmila, is the wisdom orisha of divination and human fate. This house deals with the unconscious and things beyond the physical plane. Bloomberg --Genting Hong Kong Chairman and Chief Up to 60 Less Than Braces. Her ebb and flow of the ocean tides are a result of the moon, the fourth houses ruling planet. I can say my week has been interesting and purposed filled. Run outside and say, "There's no place like home!" Think of a way to turn it into a musical, or write a poem about storms. Get the best viral stories straight into your inbox! His duty is to be the intermediary between man and the Orisha. Craft Culture: Halloween Arts & Crafts Fun for All! Do give it a shot! var slotId = 'div-gpt-ad-classifiedmom_com-medrectangle-3-0'; She was at one time the wife of Shango, the Orisha of storms, as was Oya the Orisha of the winds and tempests. If we pay attention to our dreams, we may be able to see who our Orisha parents are. Take []. Ready to play this 'which orisha am I' quiz? She is the equivalent to Scorpio and is the ruler of the eighth house. This card in a reading indicates a time of upheavel or sudden change, of a destructive and chaotic but necessary nature. Meditation Monday: The Female "30 Something's" Mediation Guide to Dating! You just have to tell us a few things about yourself. I am a huge fan of Greek mythology, magical topics , the use of the imagination and spiritual history but it is so baffling to me to look at books, websites or art work and the presence of African influence is there but never the actual visualization of the African individual. In Haitian Vodou She is worshipped as a moon Goddess, and is believed to protect mothers and their children. See How To Advertise. 'The Couch' is a Zikoko series featuring real life stories from anonymous people. #DEACTIVATED. Finding out who your Orisha mother and father are can be a tricky task, There are a few ways to go about it, but the most reliable way is to ask your elders, If you have elders who are knowledgeable about the Orisha tradition, they will be able to tell you who your Orisha mother and father are, Another way to find out who your Orisha mother and father are is to consult with a priest or priestess, They will be able to help you identify your Orisha parents based on your birth date and other factors, Once you have found out who your Orisha mother and father are, it is important to learn about their stories and traditions, This will help you connect with them on a deeper level, Orisha mothers and fathers are incredibly important figures in our lives, They guide and protect us on our journey through life, Take the time to get to know them and learn all that you can about them. 2016: New Year's Fitness Resolutions! Oba was the first wife of Shango who tended to his castle and everything that he requested. Once a living king on Earth, Shango is known for working miracles after his death. ins.style.minWidth = container.attributes.ezaw.value + 'px'; The Orisha of marriage and personal transformation is Oba. Obatala completed his construction of the bodies he created by adding heads to them. Olorun had two sons, Obatala and Oduduwa, who helped him develop the features of the Earth. Each orisha embodies one of Olodumares divine qualities, and serves as a mediator between humanity and the Almighty. So, it is important to be open to the possibility that our Orisha parents may be different from our biological parents. This could manifest as a desire to read books, visit websites, or even travel to Nigeria. He is the patron deity of soldiers, police officers, surgeons, and body builders. Are you chaotic enough to vex people on the internet and get away with it? She is invoked for fertility, especially after chronic miscarriages. While most orishas have multiple paths or facets, Orunla simply has one. Instead, he is consulted via various divination techniques. A Solo Traveler's Illustration: Breakdowns while Abroad Lead to Breakthroughs- Ginuine Gemini takes London! Donec id elit non mi porta gravida at eget metus. Even if you are adopted, or were raised in one of the monotheistic religions - you will feel called to commune with your ancestors. Just tell us who you are to view your results ! Oya is the powerful Yorb Orisha of the winds and tempests. Orishas (band) - Orishas are a Cuban hip hop group from Havana, Cuba, founded in 1999. Which Orisha do you most resemble? It could be related to Franciss typical representation of holding rosary beads, which is similar to Orunlas divination chain. Imbolc is one of the eight Sabbats along the Wheel of the Year marking the early signs of the [], I saw a post today of someone asking if people believe in Free Will or Destiny. Take this quiz to find out which of the Yoruba Orishas you the most similar to.