The last set of pics is especially chilling to me, my first thought was Lisanne may have been bound & hurt & somehow able to gain access to the camera & made a last attempt to signal for help or document everything around her as best she could & thats why all the angles are so awkward & unfocused. Yes, exactly. Tourism generates profits of approximately US$1,400 million annually. Hi Chris, great work by you on this. Thanks in advance! Also, #509 was deleted after all of the other photos were taken, which means someone went back and deleted it after all of the nighttime photos were taken. It is clear they contributed much to this by their actions. I think they knew too much and someone wanted them to be silenced forever. I think it would be nice for a botanist to take a look at the vegetation. In 2020 the number of international visitors to Australia dropped to 6.7 million due . And they wont leave until they know all hope is lost. It must have been flowing in the river the police said. (From our perspective to the right of her directly in front of her feet about waist high). That would account for a canopy structure being built there. I would certainly buy it if it had been printed in English. This whole incident is the stuff of horror movies and very chilling, even if it was an accident. The internet does not have the most crucial information about the case. Thanks un advance, Lyn Carmichael. That said, even if there is a structure there, it has been made clear that there are a lot of trails on the other side of the El Mirador that are used by the indigenes, so it wouldnt be surprising to see indications of these areas being used. Happy reading! Others suggested neitherFroonnor Kremerstook those photos; they believesomeone abducted the women. Note the shadow across her face , covering her eyes: that is from her hand. The backpack contained two pairs of sunglasses, $83 in cash, two bras, a water bottle - and importantly, Lisanne's passport. Local authorities dont often feel a sense of responsibility to victims and their families. Kris is sticking her tongue out in this photo. Hi Nick, yes I would agree that the red object above is just decaying plant material. Might look harmless and untouched which is why she is standing so close but then she is either caught or trapped in a booby trap lol. Why would that be? It looks like a turtle shell hanging on the right side of the picture (its further up). They decided to enter the jungle, but they failed to mark their entry point into the jungle with a stack of rocks or some such marking. Right on the bank of the river/stream. But the call logs gave the cops a rough outline of the time the girls spent missing in the jungle. In Latin America, it is as common as drinking coffee. Even the bones, the few that remain. Yes theres a man to her left crouched down wearing beige/ beige/ brown. Could the structure built above be some sort of a net or trapping device? And if other people learn too much, they get killed too. Shame! Theres no denying that the face looks skewed and mask like. Experts proposed several theories about how and why the women took thesephotos. Friends Kris Kremers (born August 9th, 1992) and Lisanne Froon (born September 24th, 1991) were two Dutch tourists who went missing under mysterious circumstances in early April of 2014 while on vacation in Panama, allegedly disappearing during a hike on the Pianista trail near Boquete.. Both of their phones finally ran out of battery by April 11 - ten days after they disappeared. If I saw a cow skull hanging in a tree I would get the hell out of there, not pose for a photo. Not to mention her hair was down in the photos at the beginning of the hike and now they appear to be in at least two pony tails where devil horns would be. I believe one fell. Most of the tourists come from the United States, Canada, Europe, Central America, and South America. Meanwhile, on April 2, 2014, the pairmissed their appointment with their hired tour guide. No,they werent murdered. That way, no downloads are necessary. Those two women were wearing very little clothing to be entering bush/jungle, there is no way that theyd easily make their way through vegetation, and, as they were clearly intelligent, why would they voluntarily just walk into dense bush? It does look like a manmade structure. Hope this was not a member of one of those mad religious sects that, over the years, have been torturing and killing people in Panama. She would probably have gone into what looks like a cave or hut behind her, which may have been a booby trap leading to a long drop either through the floor or at the back of the cave. by Chris | Jan 29, 2020 | Crime Abroad, Kris Kremers. This is so surreal. I agree. Why are both her hands behind her back? I agree with you. JW, I agree with you totally, thanks for your intelligent remarks! Hi Chris, i uploaded the photo to show what i see. Hi Abrahm, thank you for your comment. I just want to agree with Chris and the poster JW that she is shading her eyes with her right arm up. People began to suspect something happened whenthe dog Blue returned from the hike unaccompanied. Thanks for your interest in the case and providing some input. I become very confused and not starting from Go and not knowing what is fact and what is anecdotal I just do not know. Wow. Basically akin to that in the movie the predator. Lisanne believes her dead. Everything suggests they had no clue what they were doing when they took the taxi to the start of the trail. I like the wit and sarcasm. But there are a few holesin this particular theory. This is something I will surely investigate more and write about in the future. The blue object looks like it could be a crushed beer can. For example, I visited numerous hostels in Panama and the hostels that have dogs usually permit their dogs to roam freely outside of the house and to come and go as they please. Political corruption runs rampant, depending on the community, which has a cascading effect on law enforcement and local crime. Again, I stress that these kind of murder cases are frequently shut down by the media of the country at the direction of the government. That looks kinda like a monster, Very interesting and thorough analysis. I think the left arm is visible behind her hanging down. OK I see the conspiracy theorists saying someone else had their phones but who else would know to try 112 which is the common emergency number for EU countries? Its interesting numerous people have contacted me anonymously and informed me that there are already multiple existing research teams that are investigating this case privately. The land behind her is definitely at a higher level and could be rock. It took us quite some time to get there, the authors explain to The Daily Beast. For one, the girls' camera had photos on it from hours after they stopped dialing emergency services. And the hair photo shows him holding Kris by the neck (you can see his fingers, one wearing a silver ring with faces engraved on it). One or more abductor did know the phone PIN but not all people involved knew. Were the photos altered in any way or is this a presumption? Our team is planning to go to Panama later this year (2021) to collect information involving the case. ABC News had previously reached out to the U.S. Embassy in Panama for comment but did not receive a response. Terrible for the parents. We can only speculate without more evidence of that. Perhaps someone has just hit Kris on the right side of her head and she is putting her hand up to where it hurts. & is that some sort of an entrance to a cave or another makeshift structure shes crouching to take a look inside- or is a part of the trail in that spot purposefully made lower & narrower in order to pass through? Shortly after this photo is when the girls encountered trouble and tried to dial for help. I have a working theory of the predator (not a specific name). Hi, there sounds plausible but there is something about this case when I start to find some closure that it was an accident OR indeed foul play, I get new evidence from the internet debunking the conclusion I arrived at. Patients often tell our staff about finding the corpses of people who have suffered fatal falls or drowned in swollen rivers. Stop trying to read too much into it. Even though both kept contact with their families daily through messaging and calls? Like she was scouting and turned back to talk to Lisanne, shielding her eyes from the sun to see her. Wow, theres a lot going on in this picture. Maybe the girls did perish deep in the jungle, but that doesnt rule out somebody causing them to get lost. She is clearly shielding her eyes from the sun by holding her right arm up. However, any link that requires any form of downloads, account creation or spammy activity, to view linked content, will not be permitted. The critical time is between the last foto and the first SOS call. Also, aserial killer might have stalkedtheir area at the time. I also live in a third-world country about which it was said that investigations were shut down, or botched, to protect the tourist industry. I can assure you that is nonsense. On one website, almost every user is convinced, that all the daylight pictures were photoshopped, even this one here, No.505. Anyway thanks again this is such a fascinating case I wish there would be some kind of closure for the families (although I saw a you tube video that interviewed the father of one of the girls, he said that they hired their own investigator and determined they died of an accidental fall. Debra Ann Velleman's husband, Anthony Velleman, another passenger and the pilot were rescued by Panamanian search and rescue teams. Thanks for some new information, excellent analysis of the photo! To the right of the body is a cross fashioned out of two poles, as is customary in Panama. As you say, it might be better if you were able to lay out the photos and see how they seem to fit together. I was looking at the photographs again and something caught my eye. However, according to the Daily Beast: We now know that more than two dozen other victims also were reported in the same region of Panama, including a young woman from the United States found murdered earlier this year. From 2017 . It also contained Lisanne's camera and both of their phones. Thats what I see as well. I think that if the parents had withheld important photographs,showing that the circumstances pointed to natural causes,they would have disclosed that theory before now, surely,if for no other reason,than to prevent further speculation about the girls disappearance. It suggest that this case goes deeper than we imagine. The parallel side-supports would have been covered with leaves in order to make a suitable temporary roof. There are plenty of reasonable explanations for why someone would have returned the phones and the backpack. But by April 6, the girls were still missing. From the story of Holger, it seems unlikely to imagine that the medical examiner overlooked the very serious condition of the cyclists remains. If you track the photos she takes her hair down around when she reached the top of the mountain and there are photos taken shortly after this showing her to be fine, in good spirits even. Visit Panama City Beach officials tell us in 2021, our tourism numbers were up 50% over pre-pandemic numbers. Also, I do not know about the girls living situation and the relationship between the girls and the owner. Shes describing the things youve noticed on the pic!!!! Lastly, I totally see animal pelts inside the structure. as soon as u see 1 photoshopped pic u know something is wrong,, the bag turned up to keep the police from searching the jungle. More info here. RIP sweet girls. I do not see any eyes, but I can definitely see a nose and a mouth. Unfortunately, this camera setting is not public knowledge, but the default mode is Continuous.. They earn money through drug trafficking, often theft and sometimes by extorting businesses. Also I have read that during the time they tried to contact emergency services one phone connected albeit briefly. Once you see it, you cannot unsee see it. That photo was wiped clean from the SD card, which is a strong clue that someone deleted it after the other photos were taken. If you zoom in on the picture, I noticed that her face almost seems distorted, almost as though it was swelled up? Kris is clearly sticking out her tongue at someone. Ela est apavorada The theory of being lost is so plausible in a Jungle but then the photos .. the speculation can never end. Sorry to send so many messages Chris, but as a policewoman I have never liked to give up on a case.. Hello Looks like some of sort of indigenous artifact/trail marker. I do believe that this appears to be some sort of structure though, it does seem like some vines / branches have been woven together to form some sort of hut and even the AI enhancement would not make the blue appear on the floor so distinctly, the color and look almost reminds me of a scrap of denim like material? Despite the heat and humidity, Panamanians wear long pants and closed-toe shoes. Hence the bras and everything safely stacked in the backpack together both girls sunglasses and both girls phones (otherwise each girl would be carrying her own phone). Herm appears to be traveling up to her head, which is why you dont see her sleeve. Probably something like peanut butter, which is a typical energy-dense low cost food carried by people who are traveling light. Trials are too costly. Estou certa que no foi Lisanne que a tirou. This leads me to believe that they were followed by one or more men who made their presence known around that time. Rocko Akira Clapp. That is the key. Hi Susan, those are all possibilities. We have 5 people ending up dead, and the skulls of the girls are never found. The local jungle tribes people have been looking for the girls. Police searches have found nothing and now his mother is flying out to try to find him. The blue thing on the ground looks like a blue tarp and that looks like a corner sticking out. Not getting any fingerprints looks suspect. What if she was trying to get fire with the mirror and the paper? El despus, es pnico y preocupacin. Probably the culprit or stupid tribe didnt delete anything coz they took pictures on purpose .for example to sell the footage .but allready the police or parents who asked the investigator to delete it .they just simply didnt want to show it to everyone. There is an international consortium working behind the scenes to slowly and methodically continue the investigation. Gary, great work on noticing things in such detail. I live in a third world country and sometimes tourists come to grief. Who would do this, and why? This tells me that they had a time in their minds of what time to leave to get back to their host home in Boquette. So, if the dog went on the hike with the girls, its most likely that the owners would not have known that fact. That is the big picture of this case. Of course, there are always exceptions. Latin America has tens of thousands of small communities, all of which operate slightly differently to some degree. Keep in mind nobody has seen all of the photos and we dont know why. OmgIm staring at this pic. Your email address will not be published. The backpack contained sunglasses, a camera, two cell phones,money,two bras, Froon's passport, and a water bottle. However, visitors are still a crucial part of the local economy and the reason the. Would they really have gone along a dark spooky ravine, which is obviously a dead end, if they were trying to find their way back to Boquete? Where they went and who they talked to in order to build up an idea about what motivated them to take that fateful walk and what information could have taken them down the other side of the divide. These were of seemingly random objects, like a stick with plastic sticking to it, as well as scenes of foliage, canyons, anda bridge. In the Americas, more than 6,200 people have been reported dead or missing during migration since 2014. The following insight will make not make much sense to you if you dont know their story. A woman from the localNgbetribeturned in a blue backpack she claimed she found along the bankof a nearby river. In May, a 61-year-old American man went missing and was presumed to have gone overboard while on a cruise through the South Pacific, according to a report from the Australian Associated Press. However there appear to be yellowish/beige shadows and it looks like a sandstone cliff. And the police know who it is, but will not say anything. The roof or cover is not substantial enough to keep out rain but it could work as camouflage from the air. They usually drown their victims, hit and run car accidents, or just disappear the victim, etc anything that ensures theres no obvious intent to the police. Its texture and color seemingly resembles the red bag tied to the SOS stick on the rock later on, imo. In all, the State Department says that in 2013 and 2014, a . During thistime,Kremers and Froon repeatedly called for help. In other pictures of her crossing water she is clearly dirty with her hair up. The Velleman family had been in touch with several Wisconsin and Illinois representatives as they sought assistance from the U.S. government in the search and recovery effort. On April 1, the 21-year-old and 22-year-old went for a walk through the scenic forests around the Baru Volcano in Boquete. The link to the main page where I give complete details of the story: The True Story of Kris Kremers and Lisanne Froon 2 Girls That Disappeared in Panama. These were standard vacation photos that two young women would take while traveling. Why? For all that we know, it could be someone who works for the police who did this. The fact that one of the 112 called connected for 2 seconds and they did not redial it immediately, is also well dodgy. She realizes she has to try to find the river and decides to leave at dawn. Youtube channel backpackercoach or backpackingcoach i think, has a video called is it a cave? where he shows a section of trail that looks much like that. The last half either had a wrong password, or simply no password at all was entered. They maintained a great deal of secrecy and privacy and never officially published any information. There is much speculation about the night time fotos made using the Cannon. Is the time that photo was taken known? Often, they. Tuesday morning, Velleman and Borries were recovered from inside the plane, according to Albert Lewitinn, a representative for the Velleman family. They make no sense in spite of the speculation. Have you performed this same work on any of the other case photos? From my understanding, the various teams communicate with each other about which parts of the case they are investigating, and collaborate occasionally to share information. The deaths of more than 4,680 people have been documented during migration in Asia since 2014, often linked to the exodus of the Rohingya from Myanmar. Why not just kill them and leave it be? I upscaled that image with AI correction and its 100x more clear that there is obviously a trap or makeshift roofing above her. The Canon Powershot SX270 HS, has two methods of numbering images. Hi Carin, thanks for your comment. In truth, the fact that theres no evidence that the dog was with them leads a person to believe that perhaps someone could have fabricated the fact that the dog was with them. Does anyone know what the orange string is on the left of the photo? Hi Jim, I appreciate your comments but please lay off the language of calling people fools. Out of all the photos that have been released this photo disturbs me the most. Froon and Kremers were both in their early 20s; they traveled to Panama to work with children. I dont really speculate much with psychic readings or energy. When someone does finally find her, its the last people she would want to be found by. play. Hi JW, yes I agree with you about many things. Although it might be the sun that gives her face a strange expression. After this, the photos were from April 8, 2014and likely snappedbetween 1 amand 4 am. That is why the poor often resort to vigilantism. It does not make sense to me. We do not know what other clothing or items they possibly took. Two journalists take the same hike the girls took. We live in interesting times. Before that, in image 507 & 508, you can see Kris in a stiff, nervous posture, because the girls saw someone they were afraid of closing in.