How much more valuable then is a man than a sheep! And it *happened that He was reclining at the table in his house, and many tax collectors and sinners were dining with Jesus and His disciples; for there were many of them, and they were following Him. In fact, it seems the Hebrew Bible . Answer Me., They began reasoning among themselves, saying, If we say, From heaven, He will say, Then why did you not believe him?. During the challenge, Will Young kicked things off by . The manager said to himself, What shall I do, since my master is taking the management away from me? And the disciples came to the other side of the sea, but they had forgotten to bring any bread. Under these circumstances, after so many thousands of people had gathered together that they were stepping on one another, He began saying to His disciples first of all, Beware of the leaven of the Pharisees, which is hypocrisy. Answering Jesus, they *said, We do not know. And Jesus *said to them, Nor will I tell you by what authority I do these things.. The seven woes are addressed to the teachers of the law and Pharisees; in one of the woes, He calls them "blind guides" ( Matthew 23:16 ). T/F, 2. But so that you may know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sinsHe *said to the paralytic, I say to you, get up, pick up your pallet and go home., And he got up and immediately picked up the pallet and went out in the sight of everyone, so that they were all amazed and were glorifying God, saying, We have never seen anything like this.. Jesus did not like or give respect to the Scribes or Pharisees. He *said to them, Then how does David in the Spirit call Him Lord, saying, Until I put Your enemies beneath Your feet, If David then calls Him Lord, how is He his son?. And Jesus answered and spoke to the lawyers and Pharisees, saying, Is it lawful to heal on the Sabbath, or not?read more.But they kept silent. Pharisee comes from the Aramaic word perishayya meaning separated, separatist. In the time of Jesus they were a very influential religious sect which practiced strict observance of written Biblical laws as well as the oral/man-made laws in the Halakhah. And he called him and said to him, What is this I hear about you? He is blaspheming; who can forgive sins but God alone? Immediately Jesus, aware in His spirit that they were reasoning that way within themselves, *said to them, Why are you reasoning about these things in your hearts? But they knew for sure if they said it was lawful to heal on the Sabbath, they would betray rabbinical teachings (Halakhah). They love the place of honor at banquets and the chief seats in the synagogues, and respectful greetings in the market places, and being called Rabbi by men. And Jesus said to them, Watch out and beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and Sadducees. They began to discuss this among themselves, saying, He said that because we did not bring any bread.read more.But Jesus, aware of this, said, You men of little faith, why do you discuss among yourselves that you have no bread? Being unable to get to Him because of the crowd, they removed the roof above Him; and when they had dug an opening, they let down the pallet on which the paralytic was lying. So you are witnesses and approve the deeds of your fathers; because it was they who killed them, and you build their tombs. Whose likeness and inscription does it have? They said, Caesars., And He said to them, Then render to Caesar the things that are Caesars, and to God the things that are Gods.. The baptism of John was from what source, from heaven or from men? And they began reasoning among themselves, saying, If we say, From heaven, He will say to us, Then why did you not believe him?, But if we say, From men, we fear the people; for they all regard John as a prophet.. And Jesus said to them, Nor will I tell you by what authority I do these things.. But when Jesus heard this, He said, It is not those who are healthy who need a physician, but those who are sick. The Pharisees were trapped into silence. Now all the tax collectors and the sinners were coming near Him to listen to Him. And he divided unto them But the Pharisees went out and conspired against Him, as to how they might destroy Him. As the crowds were increasing, He began to say, This generation is a wicked generation; it seeks for a sign, and yet no sign will be given to it but the sign of Jonah. And Jesus said to them, I will ask you one question, and you answer Me, and then I will tell you by what authority I do these things. Tom: We're continuing with our study of the Gospel of John, chapter one, and for the purpose of really understanding the gospel, that's what we've been dealing with for over a year now, Dave, in this segment of our program. But from the beginning of creation, God made them male and female. Then he touched their eyes and said, According to your faith let it be done to you; and their sight was restored. How Did Jesus Spend the Last Week of His Life? And He was giving orders to them, saying, Watch out! One of them, a lawyer, asked Him a question, testing Him, Teacher, which is the great commandment in the Law?, You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind. Which is more important, the gold or the temple that sanctified the gold? There were only 8 people in Noahs Ark. Both the Pharisees and the scribes began to grumble, saying, This man receives sinners and eats with them.. And He said to them, What man is there among you who has a sheep, and if it falls into a pit on the Sabbath, will he not take hold of it and lift it out? What, then, will the owner of the vineyard do to them? The Pharisees and some of the scribes gathered around Him when they had come from Jerusalem, and had seen that some of His disciples were eating their bread with impure hands, that is, unwashed. Jesus asked the Pharisees and experts in the law. So you are witnesses and approve the deeds of your fathers; because it was they who killed them, and you build their tombs. Woe to you Pharisees! So they watched Him, and sent spies who pretended to be righteous, in order that they might catch Him in some statement, so that they could deliver Him to the rule and the authority of the governor. Woe to you, blind guides, who say, Whoever swears by the temple, that is nothing; but whoever swears by the gold of the temple is obligated.. And whoever swears by heaven, swears both by the throne of God and by Him who sits upon it. I am not strong enough to dig; I am ashamed to beg. Now the Pharisees, who were lovers of money, were listening to all these things and were scoffing at Him. When the scribes of the Pharisees saw that He was eating with the sinners and tax collectors, they said to His disciples, Why is He eating and drinking with tax collectors and sinners?, And hearing this, Jesus *said to them, It is not those who are healthy who need a physician, but those who are sick; I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners.. Straightening up, Jesus said to her, Woman, where are they? When they heard it, they began to go out one by one, beginning with the older ones, and He was left alone, and the woman, where she was, in the center of the court. 1:3 The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight. For David himself says in the book of Psalms, Until I make Your enemies a footstool for Your feet, Therefore David calls Him Lord, and how is He his son?. READ: MARK 2:1-23 (NKJV) 1 And again he entered into Capernaum after some days; and it was noised that he was in the house. And they had forgotten to take bread, and did not have more than one loaf in the boat with them. He who is faithful in a very little thing is faithful also in much; and he who is unrighteous in a very little thing is unrighteous also in much. But Jesus stooped down and with His finger wrote on the ground. It seemed like another row could be brewing after Ron was left fuming by Shaq's remarks, teasing at more tension in Sunday's upcoming episode. They remained silent. New Living Translation The leading priests and Pharisees had given Judas a contingent of Roman soldiers and Temple guards to accompany him. And in the morning, There will be a storm today, for the sky is red and threatening. Do you know how to discern the appearance of the sky, but cannot discern the signs of the times? And they *came, bringing to Him a paralytic, carried by four men. Which is easier, to say, Your sins have been forgiven you, or to say, Get up and walk? He will come and destroy the vine-growers, and will give the vineyard to others. After looking around at them with anger, grieved at their hardness of heart, He *said to the man, Stretch out your hand. And he stretched it out, and his hand was restored. So you, too, outwardly appear righteous to men, but inwardly you are full of hypocrisy and lawlessness. They tie up heavy, cumbersome loads and put them on other peoples shoulders, but they themselves are not willing to lift a finger to move them. And Jesus seeing their faith *said to the paralytic, Son, your sins are forgiven.. But Jesus perceived their malice, and said, Why are you testing Me, you hypocrites? He corrected their misinterpretations by appealing to His own authority. They were watching Him to see if He would heal him on the Sabbath, so that they might accuse Him. There was a landowner who, vineyard and put a wall around it and dug a wine press in it, and built a tower. And Jesus said to them, Nor will I tell you by what authority I do these things.. Is it lawful to pay a poll-tax to Caesar, or not? Then Jesus spoke to the crowds and to His disciples, saying: The scribes and the Pharisees have seated themselves in the chair of Moses; therefore all that they tell you, do and observe, but do not do according to their deeds; for they say things and do not do them.read more.They tie up heavy burdens and lay them on mens shoulders, but they themselves are unwilling to move them with so much as a finger. So they answered that they did not know where it came from. When Jesus saw their faith, he said, Friend, your sins are forgiven. The Pharisees and the teachers of the law began thinking to themselves, Who is this fellow who speaks blasphemy? But He said, Woe to you lawyers as well! Jesus healed the man and then asked the Pharisees whether they would rescue their own son on a Sabbath day if he fell into a well. You fools and blind men! You blind Pharisee, first clean the inside of the cup and of the dish, so that the outside of it may become clean also. The scribes and the Pharisees *brought a woman caught in adultery, and having set her in the center of the court. Which is easier, to say, Your sins have been forgiven you, or to say, Get up and walk? Sunday School Lesson March 5 Lesson 1 (KJV) The Prodigal Son Devotional Reading: Psalm 28 Background Scripture: Luke 15:11-32 Luke 15:11-24 11 And he said, A certain man had two sons: 12 And the younger of them said to his father, Father, give me the portion of goods that falleth to me. And I say to you, make friends for yourselves by means of the wealth of unrighteousness, so that when it fails, they will receive you into the eternal dwellings. Then they *sent some of the Pharisees and Herodians to Him in order to trap Him in a statement. 1210d. But He knew what they were thinking, and He said to the man with the withered hand, Get up and come forward! And he got up and came forward.read more.And Jesus said to them, I ask you, is it lawful to do good or to do harm on the Sabbath, to save a life or to destroy it? After looking around at them all, He said to him, Stretch out your hand! And he did so; and his hand was restored. When the harvest time approached, he sent his slaves to the vine-growers to receive his produce. And if you have not been faithful in the use of that which is anothers, who will give you that which is your own? VesuviusAugust 24, 79 AD. Beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and the leaven of Herod.. Now when He had spoken, a Pharisee *asked Him to have lunch with him; and He went in, and reclined at the table. But He answered and said to them, An evil and adulterous generation craves for a sign; and yet no sign will be given to it but the sign of Jonah the prophet; Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the sea monster. One of the scribes came and heard them arguing, and recognizing that He had answered them well, asked Him, What commandment is the foremost of all? Jesus answered, The foremost is, Hear, O Israel! CLICK HERE for article on Jesus Versus Jewish Law, Jesus asked the Pharisees: What do you think I should do with this man? But, so that you may know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins,He said to the paralyticI say to you, get up, and pick up your stretcher and go home.. Therefore, whoever swears by the altar, swears both by the altar and by everything on it. 2. At the harvest time he sent a slave to the vine-growers, so that they would give him some of the produce of the vineyard; but the vine-growers beat him and sent him away empty-handed. David himself said in the Holy Spirit,The Lord said to my Lord,Sit at My right hand,Until I put Your enemies beneath Your feet. David himself calls Him Lord; so in what sense is He his son? And the large crowd enjoyed listening to Him.read more.In His teaching He was saying: Beware of the scribes who like to walk around in long robes, and like respectful greetings in the market places, and chief seats in the synagogues and places of honor at banquets, who devour widows houses, and for appearances sake offer long prayers; these will receive greater condemnation., Then He said to them, How is it that they say the Christ is Davids son?