Fluff it up with a fork and serve. , Rate the recipe: 5 stars means you loved it, 1 star means you really disliked it. Rinse in a fine mesh strainer until the water runs clear. Not sure what happened but this rice was so gummy. If cooking in a pot, bring the mixture to a boil. Dear Lisa, for the Instant Pot method I suppose you mean the standard measure of water rather than the Instant Pot cup. I have never been able to get rice right. Pour enough cold water over the rice to cover it completely. Spoon the meat over bowls of rice. By signing up you are agreeing to receive emails according to our privacy policy. Thank you for sharing! With its faintly nutty flavor and soft texture, jasmine rice is an all-purpose grain thats great in all kinds of dishes. Add the rice to the rice cooker, along with one cup of water. Once the float valve has dropped (meaning all the pressure has been released), remove the lid and fluff the rice with a fork or paddle. Lower the heat to low and cover the pot with a lid. 1. Thank you for sharing. The best way to know when the rice is rinsed enough is to place a bowl (preferably a clear bowl) in the sink as you rinse the rice with cold water. The residual heat should be okay. Thanks. 2. You dont want to grind it or press it too hard with your hands. I like that the skillet makes for a quicker finish and this time, no stuck on or burnt rice at the bottom. Hi, Jessica! As a small thank you, wed like to offer you a $30 gift card (valid at GoNift.com). Rose, Im so glad you found the recipe helpful! 3. Wow! Thats fine if you like your rice al dente, but I prefer mine more tender, so I use a bit more water. Once the water in the bowl runs clear, the rice is ready to cook. How to Cook Jasmine Rice in the Rice Cooker Once again, start by rinsing the rice to remove excess starch. Cover, reduce the heat to low, and simmer until the water is absorbed, 15 to 18 minutes. Let it cook for another 20 minutes or so before serving. Lets face it. Finely chop the fresh parsley and add it to the large bowl along with the cooked rice and mayo. Thanks, Im looking foward to trying this! Close the lid and follow the instructions on your rice cooker. Stir in canned coconut milk, water, sugar, and salt . We dont recommend cooking jasmine rice in a slow cooker; it tends to get gummy. (If you lost that small cup, measure 1 1/2 cups of jasmine rice) Rinse the rice with 2 changes of water before adding it to the Instant Pot. Thank you, Denise! Your recipe worked well for me, and I plan to use it again soon! Im a pretty avid cook, but have never been a huge fan of rice, so I never make it. There is no need to thaw the rice before reheating; simply remove it from the freezer and reheat in the microwave with 1 to 2 tablespoons of water. Hi Lisa, I cooked Jasmine rice for the first time with your recipe. JoAnna Minneci is a Professional Chef based in the Nashville, Tennessee area. Cooking times are approximate. Preheat the oven to 375F with the rack in middle of the oven. According to Jet, getting the water-to-rice ratio correct is key. Im so glad you gave this recipe a chance!! Use a medium to large saucepan for up to 2 cups. Thank you, Jennifer! I like the ideas and twists you have in your other recipes. However, my girlfriend loves it so I had to find a method that consistently made great rice. Much easier to to lid off first, then lid on when you turn it down. Double this recipe and see what the texture of the rice is like, then maybe reduce the amount of water by 1 or 2 tablespoons next time. Rinse it at least 3 times or until the water runs significantly clearer. I would use the Instant Pot ratio! Cal. Hello! I dont eat rice nearly as often as I would like because Im never pleased with the results and had finally determined that Im just not a good rice cooker. Im saving this to my online recipe box and will use it from now on. I typically use a rice cooker since I am terrible at cooking rice on the stove but I thought I would give it a try. One question, what size instant pot are you cooking your rice in? I will never make rice any other way . The rice was the perfect amount of sticky and fluffy without being mushy or too hard. . Im looking forward to trying this! Add the olive oil and lime juice. Stir the rice again and reduce the heat to "low." Cover the pot with a tight-fitting lid. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Let me start by saying that cooking times may differ based on your device, so always refer to the manufacturer's instructions. 36g. This time the rice way fluffy and nice thoroughly. Fluff with a fork and serve. Jasmine rice is softer than other white rice. Sowji, thank you so much for using my recipe!! Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates. Thanks. Protein. CAUTION: Cup & steam will be extremely hot. Thankfully I found your blog which greatly helped me to make stovetop rice. Add black beans, chopped tomato, onion and coriander. I made this dish using good quality chicken sausages and it was really delicious. Learn how your comment data is processed. Do I add oil to the rice to keep it from sticking? Over the last decade or so, jasmine rice has found its way into pantries across the US. Once cooked, store jasmine rice in the fridge for three to five days, or freeze for up to six months. Learn step-by-step how to cook jasmine rice using your preferred method: stovetop, rice cooker, or Instant Pot. Add the sauce. also, this recipe works great for basmati rice! % of people told us that this article helped them. Out of a half dozen or so, this one takes the cake and is my go-to for long grain rice. Thanks, Kristie! Just typed: Jasmine rice I make is always too soft even with less water, help? Ive always struggled with jasmine rice on a stove This recipe helped me get it perfectly. We tried the Four Cheese Risotto and the 90 Second Jasmine Rice, and they were both winners! Fragrant and fluffy, jasmine rice isnt just any long-grain rice it is a favorite multi-purpose rice. A sealed vessel (like an Instant Pot or rice cooker) requires a 1:1 ratio because theres practically no loss of moisture in the cooking process. Thank you. Simmer for 15 minutes until all of the water is absorbed. I need to know the formula to cook Jasmine rice in a pressure cooker. workout routines and more than 500 recipes available on the app, MyFitnessPal gives members a wellness roadmap for anything from the best fat burning workouts to . Be sure to use the same measuring cup for both your rice and water. The cook time may be slightly different so just keep a close eye on it. Descubr lo que tu empresa podra llegar a alcanzar. I will follow you. Its also used to make Thai fried rice and Pineapple Fried Rice which is the other recipe Im sharing today! You never disappoint with your fabulous recipes. I boiled on very low heat. Only thing I do differently is add star anise to it. Can you give any tips for making large quantities of jasmine rice? I always forget the ratios. A little extra water is necessary to make up for the moisture and steam that can escape during the cooking process. They absolutely loved it! When checking for doneness, be sure to check the rice at the bottom of the pot, using a wooden spoon to make a well. Or do you mean we bring water to a simmer then put in the rice? Yes, you should drizzle oil over the rice so that it doesn't stick to the pan and so that it will be easier to serve. Most rice cookers will make a sound indicating that the rice is done. The only thing I changed was using sea salt instead of table salt. Microwave ovens vary. I am always searching for the best method to cook rice, and this one is the winner! I have made so much rice in my time verifying this exact fact. Cover, reduce the heat to low, and simmer for 15 minutes until all of the water is absorbed. Save to list + Woolworths Basmati Rice 1kg Woolworths Basmati Rice 1kg $ 3. By clicking Accept All Cookies, you agree to the storing of cookies on your device to enhance site navigation, analyze site usage, and assist in our marketing efforts. thank you so much . Cover. Search. And just generally for anything you want to serve with rice, whether Asian or not! Stand 10 minutes to let the rice finish cooking. To obtain the most accurate nutritional information in a given recipe, you should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe, using your preferred nutrition calculator. wikiHow, Inc. is the copyright holder of this image under U.S. and international copyright laws. To my knowledge, jasmine rice is a type of long grain rice. In general, though, jasmine rice should be cooked for about 25 minutes in a rice cooker. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. I love rice with almost everything. It has a distinct floral aroma, which is often attributed to the origins of its name. And it burns on the bottom of the pot! This image is not<\/b> licensed under the Creative Commons license applied to text content and some other images posted to the wikiHow website. Will these proportions work with brown rice? It was moist and fluffy! However, it was absolutely perfect and DELICIOUS!!! My Jasmine rice came out perfectly!! I have big pots to cook it in, but the last time I did that, the rice burned on the bottom and was cooked rather unevenly. Its outstanding. One question if I need to cook two cups of jasmine rice do I double the amount of water? Now Im back to having great tasting rice with my meals. rinse under cool running water until the water runs clear, Hot & Sour Soup with Mushroom, Cabbage, and Rice. Add salt to taste. Simmer jasmine rice on the stove until all the water is absorbed, or about 10 to 15 minutes. Microwave on HIGH. 4. Afterwards, let the rice rest off heat for about 10 minutes. Bring the water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Its my go to forever now. {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/9\/90\/Make-Jasmine-Rice-in-a-Rice-Cooker-Step-1-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Make-Jasmine-Rice-in-a-Rice-Cooker-Step-1-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/9\/90\/Make-Jasmine-Rice-in-a-Rice-Cooker-Step-1-Version-2.jpg\/aid9195161-v4-728px-Make-Jasmine-Rice-in-a-Rice-Cooker-Step-1-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":259,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":410,"licensing":"

\u00a9 2023 wikiHow, Inc. All rights reserved. This is the first time I have added the rice to the boiling water instead of bringing both to a boil (which is what the package usually says). If you are using the stovetop method, I would recommend using 1 1/4 cups of water per cup of rice, so that would be 3 3/4 cups total for 3 cups of rice. Only thing I added was a 1/4 stick of butter. Once the timer is up, be sure to let the rice rest for 10 minutes before opening the lid. To release it, all you have to do is remove the pot from the stove, and let it rest, covered, for 5 minutes. Furthermore, different online calculators provide different results depending on their own nutrition fact sources and algorithms. I am happy I came across your method because I had no clue as to how to begin cooking this type of rice properly. Thank you! It is located in the rice aisle and is usually in a bag. Here is the guide on how to cook the perfect rice on the stovetop, in a slow cooker or Instant Pot. Cholesterol 300 mg. wikiHow, Inc. is the copyright holder of this image under U.S. and international copyright laws. If you need to rinse the rice to clean it, if you just cant break the habit, or if your Asian mother would have your head if you didnt, heres how: Place rice in bowl, fill with water. From now on, this is how I will continue to make Jasmine rice. In a heavy-bottomed pot on high heat, bring the water to a rolling boil. I dont think youll find a short grain jasmine rice. Ugh, you HAVE to rinse your rice. Close the lid and lock. Im not sure if the ratios were off but I followed it exactly, measuring the water and rice. einstein theory of specific heat of solids derivation; 1247 rickert dr ste 201 naperville il 60540; alex hurt parents; exploring identity activities kindergarten I usually use a rice maker but didnt have one on hand. Stir once, cover, and reduce heat to low. Thank you. Put the washed rice in a pot and add the water and butter. The rice turns out perfectly, I just like a bit more salt in the water. You also need to measure the rice with the plastic cup that came with the rice cooker. The data is calculated through an online nutritional calculator, Edamam.com. Then drain the water, refill and repeat the process 3-4 times. Soaking can also affect the overall flavor of cooked jasmine rice. Thank You! Once upon a time, I went to culinary school and worked in fancy restaurants. Do I need to change the time at all? First, always check your manual to see if it offers specific instructions for jasmine rice. I use a simple 2:1 ratio. The longer its on the heat, the less aromatic it will be. Aldi Price Match. Cook on the white rice setting. Follow these steps to cook the perfect jasmine rice in a rice cooker. Nutritional information is offered as a courtesy and should not be construed as a guarantee. Microwave. There is hidden gluten in many foods; if you're following a gluten-free diet or cooking for someone with gluten allergies, always read the labels of your ingredients to verify that they are gluten-free. Thanks. All prices were accurate at the time of publishing. To me, perfectly cooked rice should be soft, chewy, and slightly sticky. I would check the rice at around the 10 minute mark to see if the water has been absorbed, if not, cook it for a few minutes longer. I have a question. . She has also appeared in numerous television shows on networks such as Bravo and Food Network. Imported from Thailand, it'll take your Thai food to the next level. Hope this helps! To the best of my knowledge, all of the ingredients used in this recipe are gluten-free or widely available in gluten-free versions. I usually boil with lid on but keep a very watchful eye over the rice so the water doesnt boil over. Required fields are marked *. Read my full disclosure policy. I have never ever been able to make rice its like I was cursed it just never works. The grains . I am Hispanic so we appreciate a little burn at the bottom of the pot but sometimes it scorches!!! Swish with hand then drain. tom brady net worth 2021 forbes; personalised celebrity messages uk; environmental perspective of covid 19; what to do instead of douching; Once you press start, DO NOT open the lid because you want to keep all that steam and moisture inside. This recipe is great. Add the jasmine rice and 1 cup + 3 tablespoons of water to the bowl. Thank you for sharing your recipe! Do you turn the Instant Pot off (unplug it) or leave it on Keep Warm during the 15 minutes? Add 1 3/4 cups water into the pot. Sign up to the Healthy Nibbles Newsletter and receive the latest recipes and a free cookbook: 20 Weeknight Dinner Recipes! Uncooked jasmine rice grains have more rounded tips and edges, whereas basmati grains are much longer and thinner. The rice needs additional time to steam. Place the cup in the microwave. That way, you wind up with tasty, fluffy rice to serve with your meal. Ambiano Rice Cooker Instructions Porridge Recipes with Ingredients and Nutrition Info, cooking tips and meal ideas from top chefs around the world. In this case, 89% of readers who voted found the article helpful, earning it our reader-approved status. . Here, youll find well-tested Asian recipes, pantry guides, and recipes from my sassy mother, Mama Lin. Until now that is . Yes, 1/4 cup really makes a difference! It took about 20-22 minutes to absorb all of the water but I see how the time could vary depending on several factors, including the rice you use. Bring the water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add water - 1 1/4 cups of water MINUS 2 tablespoons per 1 cup of rice. Prior to freelance life, she built a career of creating healthy recipes at Cooking Light magazine, where she worked for 20 years. This is my go to recipe when I cook jasmine rice. Ive never had rice come out this welleven with a rice cooker. Have you made more than a cup at a time in a crockpot? Thanks for sharing! This will set the Instant Pot to cook on low for 12 minutes. The bowl helps you see when the water turns from murky to cleara telltale sign that it is now ready to cook. But keep in mind to factor in the time it takes for the Instant Pot to build pressure, and to naturally release the pressure once the timer is up. Add the rice and water to your rice cooker, using about 1 cups of water for every 1 cup of rice (refer to manufacturer instructions). Remove from the heat. Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information, California Transparency in Supply Chains Act. I will save the recipe and learn how to make this dish! With exercise demos, workout routines and more than 500 recipes available on the app, MyFitnessPal gives members a wellness roadmap for anything from the best fat burning workouts . Once simmering, I set timer for 15 minutes. pollard funeral home okc. Thank you!! Set to cook using the white rice mode. Bring the water to a rolling boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to low, and let the rice simmer for another 9 to 10 minutes, until all the water has been absorbed. For two, rice has a certain amount of naturally occuring arsenic. In this guide, well walk you through the basics of cooking jasmine rice, along with some tips and tricks that will help you get perfectly cooked, fluffy rice. This recipe comes out absolutely perfect every time. Let cool slightly. For more foolproof rice and grain cooking methods, see my basmati rice and couscous recipes. Tired of your jasmine rice sticking to the bottom of the pan? 2. Thanks for trying out the recipe, Shkodran! Wash rice until water runs clear. or measure the rice in the cups and the water in the clear Pyrex? Many recipes call for rinsing the grains before cooking but I think its an unnecessary extra step; even when you rinse jasmine rice, the grains have a slightly sticky texture and cling together. I turned the burner all the way to lowest setting and if I had it a touch higher it may have cooked faster, but Id rather it took a little longer than burn on the bottom. For cup rice: In a small pot, combine rice, cup water, and a pinch of salt. So, by soaking the rice beforehand, you could prevent the loss of some of its flavor. It is now part of our regular menu. Simmer for 18 minutes. This rice can also be made without salt if you are watching your salt intake. By using our site, you agree to our. Thanks a lot for this Lisa. Now I am fixed. Level up your tech skills and stay ahead of the curve. If the water still looks very cloudy after a second rinsing, you should repeat the process again. I didnt wash my rice, I added the salt, and the rice came out fluffy with just the right amount of saltiness. I used your advice and got a nice dry, fluffy rice, which was exactly what I wanted. Join my free email list to receive THREE free cookbooks! Your blog came up first in a search and your advice saved dinner! I was so amazed. great fried rice recipe. Jasmine rice is also easy to find, store, and cook, which makes it an excellent candidate for serving on its own as a side dish. No matter how you like to cook it, heres what you need to know about jasmine rice. If you dont have a rice cooker cup or markings inside the pot, try a ratio of 1 cup rice to 1 cup water. DO NOT place your hand over the top of the cup when removing. Rinsing rice is a pain. Thanks. The rice is now ready to serve. For tips on washing the rice thoroughly and serving methods, read on! Ive been following the stovetop directions for jasmine rice would this work for brown jasmine rice as well? Join for free! Were committed to providing the world with free how-to resources, and even $1 helps us in our mission. Cook the microwaveable rice, according to packet instructions. I prefer using a. Highly recommended for anyone who wants the slightly sticky, crunchy, not stuck to the pan rice. Jasmine rice is a lovely, subtly perfumed rice used across South East Asia. 4.9g. Measure the rice with the cup that came with your rice cooker, then rinse it in a fine-mesh strainer. Lock the lid in place and set to cook under High pressure for 3 minutes. The starchy grains will magically release from the bottom for a perfectly cooked batch of jasmine rice. I made rice using your method, last night, and it came out perfectly! I added some butter to the boiling water and than at the end when I fluffed with a fork. I know I will look for another recipe to follow the next time. Earthly Grains. THIS WAS THE BEST! Many thanks, Ken in snowy North Yorkshire. Jasmine Rice - Specially Selected Dairy & Eggs Fresh Produce Deli Breakfast & Cereals Beverages Baby Items Pet Supplies Personal Care Fan Favorites Seasonal Products See All Products Back to list Go to next product Specially Selected Jasmine Rice Amountsee price in store * Quantity 80 oz. Dont take the lid off the rice cooker to check on the jasmine rice while its cooking. Jump to navigation [ALT+1] Jump to content [ALT+2] Home; Careers; ALDI International . Can I double the recipe for the instant pot? How to Bake Jasmine Rice in the Oven. 0.2g. This image may not be used by other entities without the express written consent of wikiHow, Inc.
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/6\/6a\/Make-Jasmine-Rice-in-a-Rice-Cooker-Step-4-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Make-Jasmine-Rice-in-a-Rice-Cooker-Step-4-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/6\/6a\/Make-Jasmine-Rice-in-a-Rice-Cooker-Step-4-Version-2.jpg\/aid9195161-v4-728px-Make-Jasmine-Rice-in-a-Rice-Cooker-Step-4-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":259,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":410,"licensing":"

\u00a9 2023 wikiHow, Inc. All rights reserved. I made a lot of overly soft jasmine rice in my life that I was never really happy with until I finally figured this out. We are not responsible for printing or typographical errors. Honey Soy Chicken Marinade (for boneless thighs and breast). When you do the boiling and simmering part, do you do it with lid on or off? If that is the lowest that your flame on your stove will go, add a few tablespoons of water to the rice. ps Love your recipes. How to Make Jasmine Rice in a Rice Cooker, https://www.twokitchenjunkies.com/how-to-cook-jasmine-rice-in-a-rice-cooker/, https://umamimart.com/blogs/main/japanify-how-to-wash-rice, http://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-make-rice-in-a-rice-cooker-226756, http://www.onceuponachef.com/recipes/perfect-jasmine-rice.html, prparer du riz au jasmin dans un cuiseur riz. Like I specify in my recipe, I cook 1 cup rice to 1 1/3 cups water. This website is written and produced for informational purposes only. 1%. I will be doing the stove top method again and probably trying the other two methods. Hi Regina, do you leave the lid on the saucepan for 10 to 15 minutes after the cooking time? Stovetop? I love rice but I always mess it up somehow. Perfect! fluffy rice instead of sticky. Its important to take the cooking method into consideration. Thats how much water you should use! Water amt : Purple bag= 1.5cups water to 1 cup rice. Uncover the saucepan and fluff the rice with a fork. This topic is a point of contention for many because, frankly, there isnt a one-size-fits-all approach to rinsing or soaking jasmine rice. Glass lid is easiest - you can see what's going on inside without lifting the lid, especially useful at end to check if all water is absorbed. Mama Lin always cooked jasmine rice for dinner. Looking forward to using this rice in other recipes. aldi jasmine rice cooking instructions. Enjoy! This image may not be used by other entities without the express written consent of wikiHow, Inc.
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/9\/9a\/Make-Jasmine-Rice-in-a-Rice-Cooker-Step-10-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Make-Jasmine-Rice-in-a-Rice-Cooker-Step-10-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/9\/9a\/Make-Jasmine-Rice-in-a-Rice-Cooker-Step-10-Version-2.jpg\/aid9195161-v4-728px-Make-Jasmine-Rice-in-a-Rice-Cooker-Step-10-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":259,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":410,"licensing":"

\u00a9 2023 wikiHow, Inc. All rights reserved. 3g. Used your recipe and came out perfect and fluffy.perfection! 1 cup rice = 3 cups cooked = 3 to 4 servings as a side. plz can u say 3 cups of rice u added is how much in Kgs???? Track macros, calories, and more with MyFitnessPal. I get there eventually!! Beef recipe is very tasty and attractive. Put dry, uncooked rice in bowl of water, stir with hand, change water by draining in sieve, repeat until water is no longer cloudy. In other words, reduce a little bit of water. Credit: Photo: Joe Lingeman; Food Styling: Brett Regot, OXO Good Grips 8-Inch Double Rod Strainer, Zojirushi 5.5-Cup Neuro Fuzzy Rice Cooker, Ball Wide Mouth Pint 16-Ounce Glass Mason Jar with Lids and Bands, 12-Count. Let sit for a few seconds to allow the steam inside the bag to subside. Coat the slow cooker with cooking spray. Our rice cooker broke literally the first day we found out wed be stuck at home indefinitely and Ive never been without one until now. I tired many times to make this rice with horrible results. Set the slow cooker on low and let it cook for about 1 hour and 30 minutes. Thank you Jennifer Segal, I followed your recipe directions exactly as printed and it was not mushy. If by soft you mean soggy. I need to make jasmine rice for 32 people but do not have any cookers of any kind. These are some of our favorites. Cook, breaking up the meat as it cooks, until browned, 5 minutes. Varying factors such as product types or brands purchased, natural fluctuations in fresh produce, and the way ingredients are processed change the effective nutritional information in any given recipe. Hi! Thanks for the recipe ???? Many rice cookers have a jasmine rice pre-set. Hi, TJ. I think sea salt tastes far better in food than table salt. Add salt to taste. Can I cut this into thirds? Thank you so much for this post.BEST JASMINE RICE EVER!! However, it's important to wash jasmine rice before you cook it so you remove any dirt or starch that may be on the exterior of the grains. Add 2 1/2 cups water and 1/8 teaspoon salt to your rice pot. I never cook rice on the stove with a 1:1 ratio. Use for all things Thai and anything really. Thank you so much. Add salt to taste. Hi, thank you for the research sorry one last question. NO it is not! I could have really soggy, too salty rice or fluffy and flavorful rice. I added a garlic clove and some sea salt for a bit of a punch . Make sure to leave the lid on the cooker while the rice is resting. two nights ago my rice was mushy, last night it was crunchy, but I didnt do anything differently. Bring to rapid simmer with NO LID on medium high. Honestly, I think those recipes recommend using too much water. We will always appreciate all that you have done here because I know you care a lot about us. 245. 92%. I use Mahatma Jasmine rice, and on the back of the package it says to boil the water, and THEN add the rice and cover for 15 minutes. How much water do you recommend for this? Thank you for sharing this recipe! Be gentle with the rice as you move it around in the water. This article was co-authored by JoAnna Minneci. Thank you I have a love/hate affair with rice. Fasten the lid and press the "Rice" button on the Instant Pot. "I found the suggestion for soaking the rice for one hour to be very helpful. 1 cup (185 g) of jasmine rice and 1 cup (237 ml) of water will make 4 to 6 servings of rice. If you want to season the rice, add salt, pepper or other seasonings before starting the cooker. This stovetop recipe worked great for me now I wondering if you know how many cups of dried rice you can do in a standard 5-6 quart crockpot?